Is it possible to "ignore" entire forums?

Wiggy

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
As an example, I'd like to ignore the General Discussions forum.

I occasionally may want to look, but I would rather not see it in my "new posts".

The ignore function works brilliantly on individuals, I love it! I don't think there's a way to avoid whole sections of the forum. It doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. If you come to the site fairly regularly, there aren't that many "new posts" and it's pretty easy to scan the post titles to see if it's even something you want to bother reading.

Last edited:
It’s word game fever on that page!!! Lol

everybody run out right now, buy a new ukulele and then post a NUD about it! Then post a video of it! and then everybody else post something in everybody else’s post!! We’ll be swimming in non-word-game-related-content on the new posts page!!

It’s word game fever on that page!!! Lol
Ha! I agree! Would love to be able to avoid the half dozen word game posts. Makes navigating New Posts a little cumbersome.
Got nothing against them... just not interested and would like the opportunity to ignore.

Perhaps a button next to the "Watch" button that is to [Ignore] ?? Could be applied to any Post or sections.

There are plug-ins for the forum software that implement ignoring threads and sub-forums, but our hosts would need to purchase and install them. It’s not built into the base forum software.

I would absolutely love to be able to mute active threads that don’t interest me. There are always a few that are completely legitimate but just not up my alley. Also generally a few in the Marketplace that I’d like to remove from temptation ;)

I don't read everything in "What's New" and don't find it inconvenient to simply scroll over stuff that doesn't interest me. I go by the post title rather than the forum title.
Yep, me too.

I didn't even know about the what's new button. I had to do some research to understand what the brouhaha was all about. I typically just click on the subforum and then eyeball the contents for interest.

I mostly contribute to a thread I created about scales. I can completely understand someone wanting to block that. In my defense, I never realized that when I write about a scale that that discussion would be promoted in a what's new thread. I thought I was writing about things that no one cared about in a unobtrusive area of the site.

Last edited:
In my defense, I never realized that when I write about a scale that that discussion would be promoted in a what's new thread
You don't need a defense. Your scales posts are completely legitimate on this site (music theory! on a music site! w00t!). If the bar were only posts that were interesting to everybody then this would be a very sad and empty forum.

It would be nice for people to be able to better curate what they see. That lack should not chill any other talk.

Top Bottom