i'm putting all my eggs in one basket IRVING BERLIN (ukulele cover)

mountain goat

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
howdy friends.
in a fit of sadness i burnt my you tube channels last week.
guess i'm going to start rebuilding them slowly.
thought this gorgeous Irving Berlin song from 1936 might be a nice place to start.
i'm playing an Ono concert koa uke built by David Ingalls in Oregon, USA.
cheers all! hope you enjoy it xo

MG, I’m so very glad you are still a part of the UU community. It took strength and a high degree of trust to share your struggles with us. I’m sure the community will continue to reciprocate with support and encouragement. This video confirms something I already knew -- that music is a huge part of who you are. It‘s your release valve -- one that’s always with you, no matter whether you’re up or down. And it’s also the wind that carries you, and brings you joy. Life is a journey, frequently filled with undeserved hurdles and curveballs. So just keep leaning into the music, Jon. It will help you get through. As will all of your friends here at the UU.

Wow, mate! Just when I thought I’d heard all the Irving Berlin tunes, you covered a real doozie. Your timing is spot-on and the combination of your voice and musicianship is outstanding. Thank you!

howdy friends.
in a fit of sadness i burnt my you tube channels last week.
guess i'm going to start rebuilding them slowly.
thought this gorgeous Irving Berlin song from 1936 might be a nice place to start.
i'm playing an Ono concert koa uke built by David Ingalls in Oregon, USA.
cheers all! hope you enjoy it xo

Great to hear that voice again! Sing on and on, my friend! The crowd wants more!

MG, I’m so very glad you are still a part of the UU community. It took strength and a high degree of trust to share your struggles with us. I’m sure the community will continue to reciprocate with support and encouragement. This video confirms something I already knew -- that music is a huge part of who you are. It‘s your release valve -- one that’s always with you, no matter whether you’re up or down. And it’s also the wind that carries you, and brings you joy. Life is a journey, frequently filled with undeserved hurdles and curveballs. So just keep leaning into the music, Jon. It will help you get through. As will all of your friends here at the UU.
Jan, what a beautiful comment. thank you for taking the time and care to write these things.
yes, w/out music in my life i think i would have turned to powder a long time ago.
i think it is the wind that carries many of us mate, uplifts us eh.
i think many here will relate to these lovely, thoughtful and true words.
thank you my friend.

What a talent you have Jon. That is a tough song to play and sing and yet you appeared to do it effortlessly. Great lyrics to that tune and one that hopefully rings true. Your performance left me feeling good inside for you.
Glad you are rebuilding your channel and that better days are ahead. That makes all who care happy and fortunate to experience your wonderful gift.

Just fantastic, mate. All the personality, all the musicality. Love every bit of this! Onwards and upwards.

Thank you very much. This could be an illustration of why I like to call the ukulele the happiest of all instruments.
Great singing, fine vintage playing.
thank you very much Simen!
What a talent you have Jon. That is a tough song to play and sing and yet you appeared to do it effortlessly. Great lyrics to that tune and one that hopefully rings true. Your performance left me feeling good inside for you.
Glad you are rebuilding your channel and that better days are ahead. That makes all who care happy and fortunate to experience your wonderful gift.
what lovely words, Joe. thank you mate.
when i started playing ukulele i learnt first the trad folk songs i've always loved,
courtesy of Pete Seeger, mainly, then these sort of tunes -
all the tin pan alley stuff, American Songbook -
never felt i could do them well enough on acoustic guitar
but when i found the uke they all felt more at home, and yeah brother, happier, eh.
yep. better days ahead mate. sure hoping so.
Just fantastic, mate. All the personality, all the musicality. Love every bit of this! Onwards and upwards.
hey Duckyl!
was hoping you might stumble across this brother.
we have a lot of tunes to swap one of these bright days!
cheers my man
got a few sweet Berlin tunes up my sleeve,
what a composer and writer he was.

Top Bottom