I'm bored. Suggest me something to write a song about.

Rather than a particular topic, my mind goes to how to incorporate a hissing sound into music. I don’t sing, so instead of lyrics, my mind goes to sound.

With your adrenaline surge, I‘m imaging a fast paced song, (strumming quickly like Jake does, maybe?), with hissing sound accompanying it?

Might not be at all the type of thing you might play, (I only fingerpick, so if wouldn’t work for me), or would be interested in playing with, but that’s what my mind is working on. LOL.
NOPE

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope

No more hissing noises I cannot handle more hissing noises they drive me nuts

Do something silly like this one from Dolly. Go to 11:45. She cracks me up.
How she can pick with those nails is amazing though

NOPE

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope

No more hissing noises I cannot handle more hissing noises they drive me nuts
Oops. Sorry about that. I can see why that would be the case, though.

I'm glad that you have music to help divert your attention from the unwanted noise and stress.

...... how to incorporate a hissing sound into music.
How about a sssssssnake! If it were a rattler, then the rhythm section would be taken care of too! You might get a great big one, and tour together. It would be so great if you could train that snake to shake it's tail in time with the music. In time though, the snake may realize that it, rather than you, is the main attraction drawing the big crowds. It will want top billing. So, best have something about that written into the contract beforehand.

You could take it from the other end and play some music and see what lyrics it inspires. For example I am currently playing around with the minor major 7 arpeggio. Play that and see where it takes you.

Or one of the things I like to do is think of an angry sentence and then say it with feeling...and listen to how it sounds. Listen to the intervals and the pitches. Then re-create the sentence on the instrument, trying to make it sound as angry as the human voice.

I tend to think that a lot of song writers are writing for popular consumption, rather than for the art of the song. Then again, I mostly only hear the songs that have gotten popular, so I'm getting a skewed view of the situation. In the last few years I've been paying more attention to not so well know singer/songwriters, and trying to listen to their music. Particularly here in Texas there are a lot to chose from.

I tend to think that a lot of song writers are writing for popular consumption, rather than for the art of the song. Then again, I mostly only hear the songs that have gotten popular, so I'm getting a skewed view of the situation. In the last few years I've been paying more attention to not so well know singer/songwriters, and trying to listen to their music. Particularly here in Texas there are a lot to chose from.
I physically can't write for consumption. I can only write music when it naturally comes into my head. Sometimes I'd like to blow off emotions by writing lyrics but can't.

And I'm having more late night adrenaline.

I wish I could somehow donate or sell the annoying hissing sounds. I have this pointless little fantasy of using them to power a generator. No fuel costs, just have him hiss into a microphone and somehow convert it to electricity. In a soundproof building where I cannot hear.

From northern Illinois: A song about "heavy snow and a huge bonfire."

It would be honored at our annual 'polar bear' picnic, held every 1st Sunday in January that does not land on the 1st.

This coming year is Jan 2, 2022!

Embarrassingly but unabashedly, it is for our "consumption."

Your voice is magical. "Lord Sialia" () The accompaniment is no more than it should be,.

Last edited:
From northern Illinois: A song about "heavy snow and a huge bonfire."

It would be honored at our annual 'polar bear' picnic, held every 1st Sunday in January that does not land on the 1st.

This coming year is Jan 2, 2022!

Embarrassingly but unabashedly, it is for our "consumption."

Your voice is magical. "Lord Sialia" () The accompaniment is no more than it should be,.

Thank you for kind words <3

Bored assless, wrote a few more songs

Top Bottom