I tuned my guitar ADGCEA like an ukulele/guitalele but 1 octave low

kissing

Reaction score
I tuned my electric guitar (Fernandes ZO-3) to ADGCEA, one octave below Guitalele (Baritone guitar tuning?)

I find this to be a useful tuning to complement my ukulele or guitar tuned regular (EADGBE) because I can read chords like I do on Ukulele and also gives me more options with a Capo for accompanying different keys.

Strings used:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom Slinky 8-String Electric Guitar Strings (2624).
I used the 6 strings (8th to 3rd) to tune up to ADGCEA.

A - .080
D- .064
G - 046
C - .034
E - .024
A - .016

Depending on the guitar, you might need modification. Luckily on mine, I just had to widen the nut slot slightly and adjust intonation.

I tuned my electric guitar (Fernandes ZO-3) to ADGCEA, one octave below Guitalele (Baritone guitar tuning?)

I find this to be a useful tuning to complement my ukulele or guitar tuned regular (EADGBE) because I can read chords like I do on Ukulele and also gives me more options with a Capo for accompanying different keys.

Strings used:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom Slinky 8-String Electric Guitar Strings (2624).
I used the 6 strings (8th to 3rd) to tune up to ADGCEA.

A - .080
D- .064
G - 046
C - .034
E - .024
A - .016

Depending on the guitar, you might need modification. Luckily on mine, I just had to widen the nut slot slightly and adjust intonation.

Very interesting!
Have you experimented with the new pedals which make an electric guitar sound like an acoustic? I’d guess not because you probably also have an acoustic guitar…
Is your ocarina also compatible with this tuning?

Hi there, ocarina is compatible with any tuning because it's a fully chromatic instrument :)

I have an Acoustic DI pedal (cheap one from Joyo). It's pretty handy when I don't have an acoustic with me but need to make do.

Last edited:
cool! I like the sound of baritone guitar and this is one step below that.

cool! I like the sound of baritone guitar and this is one step below that.
I have never played a baritone but this Guild 8 string sure tickles my fancy. I think one of the main problems with baritone guitars is finding string set choices.

Top Bottom