I really want to try guitar. Should I get a "guitarlele" or a parlor guitar or something comparable? Nothing exotic please!

I now have a 12 string Stella from the late 60's, the cordoba mini and my dad's old parlor guitar. I'm good for guitars at least, now I want to learn about them and how to play them.
Or at least one of them...

Think about de-tuning the Stella to D or less. Old ones tend to pull themselves apart

I was gifted one of my father's old acoustics

Now you've got classical and acoustic covered! Lots of possibilities just opened up for you.

Chris Hadfield astronaut and Larrivee parlour guitar:

I know that song; it's like my 3rd guitar song I learned. I was a bit confused with his lyrics at around @2:12. It caused me to drag out my old music. Anyway, since I've got the music out, I played it for UU:

Sorry, didn't realize it didn't sound very good until I watched it on YT. Could have dne another take if I knew. Tomorrow I can have it much better :)

Now you've got classical and acoustic covered! Lots of possibilities just opened up for you.

I know that song; it's like my 3rd guitar song I learned. I was a bit confused with his lyrics at around @2:12. It caused me to drag out my old music. Anyway, since I've got the music out, I played it for UU:

Sorry, didn't realize it didn't sound very good until I watched it on YT. Could have dne another take if I knew. Tomorrow I can have it much better :)

Keep up the good work! I can do an A and a D chord thanks to Justin guitar, using the cordoba mini 2

Keep up the good work! I can do an A and a D chord thanks to Justin guitar, using the cordoba mini 2
I should record a session of Fender Play. It has a computer evaluation feedback system that can tell you where you are making mistakes. It's really a pretty nice learning tool for the beginner.

Top Bottom