I don't think this is cool at all

Good grief... I wasn't that surprised when he was using other people's videos - that's basically par for the course for internet scumbags these days - but plagiarizing item descriptions... that's unbelievably scummy. What a complete dolt.

I think I asked this during the previous ULTP kerfuffle as well, but I'd really like to see those that defended Terry's nonsense defend him now after all of this has come to light. I'm guessing we should still just shut up and not do business with him if we don't like his conduct, let the markets decide etc. etc. Nonsense...

I agree with the personalized descriptions from the vendors. SUS/WOU has a certain way they describe ukes (sound, feel, looks, etc). Not sure if it's because they are brits but they really expressive with their descriptions and use cool analogies. Which I think is really awesome. When you read, "You will find yourself playing open chords like C and F..." I envision Alex explaining how he feels about the uke.

Not #1. He normally has some fast-talking car salesman schtick.
Exactly! Their individual personalities clearly shine through in their writing; Alex's infectious enthusiasm, Matt's wicked sense of humour. To steal that and claim as your own is simply disgusting...

Last edited:
Good grief... I wasn't that surprised when he was using other people's videos - that's basically par for the course for internet scumbags these days - but plagiarizing item descriptions... that's unbelievably scummy. What a complete dolt.

I think I asked this during the previous ULTP kerfuffle as well, but I'd really like to see those that defended Terry's nonsense defend him now after all of this has come to light. I'm guessing we should still just shut up and not do business with him if we don't like his conduct, let the markets decide etc. etc. Nonsense...
I have a feeling this is not the only instance he stole someone else's writing to pass off as his own, but I don't have the stomach nor the desire to go through the rest of the ULTP website...

If he doesn't have the time or ability to write long personalised product descriptions, I don't see the reason why he couldn't have done something simple and straight forward, like Elderly's concise 1-2 sentence description of their products, instead of plagiarising from others.

If he doesn't have the time or ability to write long personalised product descriptions, I don't see the reason why he couldn't have done something simple and straight forward, like Elderly's concise 1-2 sentence description of their products, instead of plagiarising from others.
Time is money... "minimum effort, maximum profit" someone once said. 😀

I wasn't defending TC. I didn't know that he was stealing personal opinion descriptions from other sellers. From what folks were saying, I thought he was grabbing simple specs and simple descriptions of the item. Not opinions written about the instruments. (That's really low.)

I was trying to say that TC is spread pretty thin with his business' website, YT vids, podcast, books, instructional courses, UKE CON events, etc. etc. So he's taking shortcuts and cutting corners where ever he can. By cribbing other people's work.

I guess no one has told him about copyright laws for websites. I'm assuming that SUS and WOU have a Copyright statement on their websites stating the year and that all rights are reserved. Or perhaps he feels it doesn't apply if the website is for a company in another country. It does, but it's expensive to sue.

...And unless it’s standard wording, it looks like Terry also copied the written description from TUS too. Wow.
@genyukulele also pointed out that the ULTP post that re-awoke this thread copied the TUS written description along with the vid. It looks the vid has been taken down but the plagiarized written description is still up. No way for TUS to alter that to call out TC I guess.

@genyukulele also pointed out that the ULTP post that re-awoke this thread copied the TUS written description along with the vid. It looks the vid has been taken down but the plagiarized written description is still up. No way for TUS to alter that to call out TC I guess.
Some people just have the darnedest time doing the right thing.

Argh, if only we could comment on that page where he’s selling that overpriced used uke, to call him out!

But ha ha, he took down the video? Good! Still.

I unfollowed ULTP on Instagram and don’t want to give his pages any extra views, but does anyone know if he’s being called out on any of his platforms?

I unfollowed ULTP on Instagram and don’t want to give his pages any extra views, but does anyone know if he’s being called out on any of his platforms?
I did in one case on insta where I could not hold it back. He claimed he was the only one in the US selling a certain ukulele (he was not), pulling off his ridiculous overpricing model (disguised as a sale but still several hundred dollars more than the competition) and then adding his setup fees on top.

I expected it to be deleted, but it was not. Guess he did not see it as there was a lot coming in on his setup rant at the time.
There are still positive comments on his insta by possibly unknowing buyers that probably do not know about the things mentioned in this thread so I hope it was not completely in vain.

What SUS and other sites should do is file a DMCA takedown with Google.

It’s fairly straight forward (Google process). Basically, Terry gets a notice that he’s infringed on someone’s copyright and has an opportunity to remove said copyright infringement. If he does great. If he does not page/website will be banned from Google.

Here is the link if anyone has content stolen:

*I* don't want to test it, but it does look like people can write reviews and ask questions directly on the used uke he has for sale. I wonder if it has to be approved (by ULTP) before being posted though, in which case we know it won't be published.

*I* don't want to test it, but it does look like people can write reviews and ask questions directly on the used uke he has for sale. I wonder if it has to be approved (by ULTP) before being posted though, in which case we know it won't be published.

And yes, while he did take down the video after TUS said "stop stealing our videos, Terry!" (hahahahahaha!) the description that ULTP stole is still there. It even says this: "Corey Fujimoto plays the exact ukulele available in the video."

And to be fair, IF it's not TC doing the stealing, it's someone on his staff, so he, as the owner, is still responsible for the business practices going on.

I tried to test it...you have to enter an e-mail address for a review or a question, so can't do it anonymously. And he probably would block any disparaging comments anyway.

How come nobody reviews his business practises it’s odd.

interestingly, if you go to Yelp and type in "music store" in San Diego, "Terry Carter Music Store" doesn't even appear until #77 on page 7 w/zero reviews and marked as "new". No ULTP to be found anywhere. Truly bizarre for "The #1 music store in San Diego".

interestingly, if you go to Yelp and type in "music store" in San Diego, "Terry Carter Music Store" doesn't even appear until #77 on page 7 w/zero reviews and marked as "new". No ULTP to be found anywhere. Truly bizarre for "The #1 music store in San Diego".
As you might notice from the couple of newer links above, the ULTP store is now rebranded as the Terry Carter Music Store...

... which to me sounds even sleazier than the previous one.

As you might notice from the couple of newer links above, the ULTP store is now rebranded as the Terry Carter Music Store...

That makes sense. If you Google ‘Terry Carter Music Store” it’s possible to leave an anonymous review there. Definitely worth it.

Somehow reminds me of the "Alan Harper Healing Center"... 😂

Top Bottom