I don't think this is cool at all

I've always thought that the (pre-)naming of ukes was absolutely idiotic. I mean, the doctor/ob or hospital doesn't name your child for you...
Actually, I thought it was one of the few legitimate marketing things TC did. For a uke with an interesting wood grain or figuring, it was kind of fun that he named it. But not for every uke.

BTW: Luis Feu de Mesquita of LFdM Ukuleles names his Macaferri Style tenors. (I don't know about his other models.) Mine is named "Jenny."

you know that Sit-n-Sleep commercial where they'll beat anyone's advertised price or your mattress is freeeeee?

you'll never be able to find the exact same model because they give their products proprietary names and other specs. this is what ULTP has in mind when they give their ukes a "name".

you know that Sit-n-Sleep commercial where they'll beat anyone's advertised price or your mattress is freeeeee?

you'll never be able to find the exact same model because they give their products proprietary names and other specs. this is what ULTP has in mind when they give their ukes a "name".

Mfgs give model numbers with an added suffix to make it different for the big chain stores. (Or to indicate cheaper plastic parts in it per the chain store's specs, or to meet their cost per unit demands.)

Makes it very difficult to comparison shop unless you know the exact model number for the items you are comparing.

I will eat one of my wife's raw oysters once a decade, just to remind myself how much I abhor them. I can practically hear them scream as they slide down my throat. Noooooooooooo!

What is the saying? "The bravest man the world ever saw, was the first to eat an oyster raw."
Reminds me of one strip from my favorite comic...

Screenshot_20220924-233332_Reddit.jpg

Are we at 30 yet?! This is pure cahoots.

I will eat one of my wife's raw oysters once a decade, just to remind myself how much I abhor them. I can practically hear them scream as they slide down my throat. Noooooooooooo!

What is the saying? "The bravest man the world ever saw, was the first to eat an oyster raw."
I'll help keep the page count rolling along.

I spent one Thanksgiving with the family of a friend on the Oregon coast. At dinner one night, everyone had a dish of raw oysters in front of them. I tried to be sneaky as I passed mine along to someone who enjoyed them. The next night, only one seat had raw oysters set out for it - mine. They all refused to move on to eating dinner until they watched me eat the raw oysters. Ugh. :sick:

They really were lovely hosts, but like Kenn2018, I abhor raw oysters. I survived, and fortunately, have good memories of my visit there, too. :)

Ever heard of a BBQ? MUCH better cooked... with a little garlic butter...

Wait a minute! We were roasting something else when this thread started...

It had something to with some ukulele selling company I think...

They could just used the serial number, like all the informative listings on Reverb & reputable dealers.
Naming just further obfuscates provenance, chain of custody ownership.
Am likely done buying pre-owned ukes for the most part to avoid any product that’s passed thru ULTP, rebranded now as Terry Carter Music Store (TCMS).

They could just used the serial number, like all the informative listings on Reverb & reputable dealers.
Am likely done buying pre-owned ukes for the most part to avoid any product that’s passed thru ULTP, rebranded now as Terry Carter Music Store (TCMS).
What? And miss out on the DeVine he has for the low price of $25,000 (marked down from $30,000)? Eric’s 25th anniversary uke, which was a special build to commemorate the occasion was $25k, but most “normal” DeVines I’ve seen are in the $10k-12k range.

Well, getting a good deal at ULTP is like finding a pearl in an oyster.

Top Bottom