Hurricane -florida ... I am scared.

I always think it is important to follow what the authorities suggest- safety guidelines, supplies, evacuations, etc. It is always a guessing game, but as the old saying goes, better safe than sorry.

Stay safe!

I always think it is important to follow what the authorities suggest- safety guidelines, supplies, evacuations, etc. It is always a guessing game, but as the old saying goes, better safe than sorry.
This is the best advice. Evacuate if instructed to. Bring plenty of water and some food and other emergency supplies, anticipating that you may be gone for some days and may be without power.

Zephyrhills
It looks like you are quite a ways inland, so storm surge should be a nonissue. So prepare to possibly be without power, and possibly water for up to a week. So maybe fill containers (like pots) with potable water, hopefully have a battery powered radio, and food that you can eat if you do not have power. Try to not open your refrigerator or freezer unless absolutely needed if power is out or the food will spoil faster. Fill your vehicle's gas tank if you can now. And keep your phone charged as much as you can.

Good luck!

This is a bummer... but as I'm sure you are quickly figuring out, your state is doomed, long term.

After this is over, join us here in Sunny California. The only things you have to worry about here are wild fires, earthquakes, blackouts.

Don't be scared, just be GONE. If you need to be, that is. In Zhills, you are pretty much in the expected path of the storm, but you're far enough inland that it should have lost some strength by the time it gets there. It'll still be plenty windy and wet, though!

If you're in a mobile home, we shouldn't be having this conversation. GO!

If you're not in a mobile home and not in a flood prone area... you'll probably be okay. Board up if you can. Secure anything that's outdoors.

To a Floridian, "it's just another storm". A big one, yes. But, it's just a storm. Do what you need to do and hope for the best!

I have no place to go.

There are shelters available pretty much everywhere. Look one up if you're not in a safe place. Be aware, of course, that wherever you evacuate TO could just as well be where the storm goes. So, at least be sure that you're evacuating to some place that's safer than where you are. Better structure, better location, etc.

Be safe! It'll all be past us soon enough.

This is a bummer... but as I'm sure you are quickly figuring out, your state is doomed, long term.

After this is over, join us here in Sunny California. The only things you have to worry about here are wild fires, earthquakes, blackouts.

Don't be scared, just be GONE. If you need to be, that is. In Zhills, you are pretty much in the expected path of the storm, but you're far enough inland that it should have lost some strength by the time it gets there. It'll still be plenty windy and wet, though!

If you're in a mobile home, we shouldn't be having this conversation. GO!

If you're not in a mobile home and not in a flood prone area... you'll probably be okay. Board up if you can. Secure anything that's outdoors.

To a Floridian, "it's just another storm". A big one, yes. But, it's just a storm. Do what you need to do and hope for the best!

There are shelters available pretty much everywhere. Look one up if you're not in a safe place. Be aware, of course, that wherever you evacuate TO could just as well be where the storm goes. So, at least be sure that you're evacuating to some place that's safer than where you are. Better structure, better location, etc.

Be safe! It'll all be past us soon enough.

Top Bottom