Hey from Tennessee

BeautifulPotato

Reaction score
I'm glad to be here! I'm an old person according to my teenaged kids, lol, early 50's, recently widowed. I've been playing the ukulele for a few years now; mostly with my family on camping trips and around the fire pit and daily with the kids during the "covid months", and I brought a uke along on a trek at the Philmont Scout Ranch last summer. I've recently started picking it up again because it is good for the soul. I love watching (and learning from) ukulele clubs on YouTube and am hoping to find a similar musical outlet nearby (or start one myself 😬).

Anyway, I've been lurking around here a bit and decided it's time to join and get some seasoned advice.

Welcome to UU, BeautifulPotato!
I agree that music is good for the soul, and ukulele is a tremendous little instrument. I'm sure that there will be many people around to share their advice, experience, best practice etc with any questions you may have. There's a search function, but if you can't find the info you're looking for, start a new thread in the most suitable forum. I hope the uke takes your mind off of things, and that it brings you musical fulfilment and new friends.

Welcome to Ukulele Underground, BeautifulPotato. I’m in Franklin, TN and there are several ukulele groups around here to choose from and play with.

Welcome aboard friend.Music is not only good for the soul, it is (IMO) essential! I have a few friends who are not in the least interested in music, either to listen to, or play along with; I always feel they are 'incomplete' somehow and don't know what they are missing!

I'm glad to be here! I'm an old person according to my teenaged kids, lol, early 50's, recently widowed. I've been playing the ukulele for a few years now; mostly with my family on camping trips and around the fire pit and daily with the kids during the "covid months", and I brought a uke along on a trek at the Philmont Scout Ranch last summer. I've recently started picking it up again because it is good for the soul. I love watching (and learning from) ukulele clubs on YouTube and am hoping to find a similar musical outlet nearby (or start one myself 😬).

Anyway, I've been lurking around here a bit and decided it's time to join and get some seasoned advice.
Welcome! I visit Tennessee often and would agree that the environs like the Smokies just make me want to pull out my uke and play - ukelele and mountains are great for the soul!

Welcome, friend! Both sides of wife's family hail from Athens, TN. Her paternal grandfather was the engineer for the local radio station in the 1950's and 60's & later worked at Redstone in Huntsville, AL. The queen of my castle spent the majority of her childhood in Tullahoma where her dad worked at ARO [sp?]. We now live in Canton, GA which is about two-thirds of the distance from the TN state line to Atlanta. Good for you on packing the uke along on a Philmont trek. My son earned his Eagle in 2011 but we never made it to any of the high adventure bases, which is one of my few regrets. Glad you found UU!

Welcome BeautifulPotato. You had your eyes on the UU Forum for a while? (Potato joke.)

Never became an Eagle Scout, but I was a Life and went to the National Jamboree. Got to see & hear Jesse Owens give a great talk. I was an assistant scout master for a few years with the same troop I started with. Lots of friends and memories.

Didn't play uke back then. But we sang a lot of songs at the campfires and our regular meetings.

Welcome. I used to live outside of Carthage, TN.....

Top Bottom