HELP! UU VIP

KohanMichael

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Will UU VIP accounts ever be properly updated? I had to create a new account and pay again for UU VIP to be able to Edit, Delete and have a Signature, but I don't like that it shows member since today and 3 posts. I've been a member since 9/2013 and have over 5,000 posts. You guys need to find out how to get an existing UU VIP member account properly setup.

In Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center - Member since 9/2013
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
I hit "Report" on your message, Mike, and I wrote:
UU VIP Member is having problems, couldn't edit until he created a new account and paid for VIP membership again - Someone needs to start addressing this!!!
Let's see if that helps any...

-Kurt​

Thanks very much. I actually sent in two reports from my own posts the last few days. Nothing seems to get to them. I thought a thread like this might do it. I also created a new thread saying that the only way to get the functions is t create a new account.

I've logged in with my original account to see if will eventually work. I'll have to be careful and proof read before I Post.

Wow, Mike! I had no idea that setting up a new VIP account would "solve" the problems. Perhaps I'll do that too. But, I will wait to see if the powers that be get going and fix this thing sometime soon. Thanks for posting!

I purposely keep my post count below 100 messages and have been for several years. When I started to whittle down the number I think I had 4000(?) posts. Today I have around 100. I have not self combusted or blown up yet.

I plan to keep my post count around 100 into the future. This gives new members a chance enjoy the fun of discovering and inventing their own ukulele wheels and keeps my memory footprint low so it wont slow down the system.

My view is that any member who thinks that I have any seniority over them based on post count or points is fooling themselves. I think we are all equal and new members can post whatever they choose within the rules of the board, they do not need to be subservient to other members who have more posts. I have been praised and flamed by experts and I am still alive. I have never had a VIP account so I have no idea what VIPs see on their screen.

If you need to start a new account, why not just start a new account, it does not seem to be an overly difficult task. The owners have put in some time and expense and effort to deliver an updated platform for us, we don't need them to come and strum the ukuleles for us.
Not to be harsh, but I have no idea what you're talking about. "Strum our ukes for us"?? How does my post count have anything to do with new members? "Ukuklele wheels."?? What memory footprint? How do you construe a long term member as superior to new members, that's not how I see this forum. Being a long term member says to me that the person would have something useful for new members. I put my money where my mouth is, I support every forum to which I belong.

Will UU VIP accounts ever be properly updated? I had to create a new account and pay again for UU VIP to be able to Edit, Delete and have a Signature, but I don't like that it shows member since today and 3 posts. I've been a member since 9/2013 and have over 5,000 posts. You guys need to find out how to get an existing UU VIP member account properly setup.

In Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center - Member since 9/2013
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers
I copied and pasted my thoughts on this issue from a UkeTalk thread. Sorry if I'm breaking any rules.

Interesting, so the new UU VIP account does work. It's the migration of the existing UU VIP accounts from the old site to the new xenForo site that is causing the problem. The fix for something like this can be very difficult.
Sometimes the mapping of the old database fields to the new database fields is less than perfect resulting in the loss of data and or functionality. The fix is either to start over with better mapping or to dive into the new database and manually try to fix the mapping issues.
For the first fix, unfortunately, the mapping tools provided with xenForo may not be granular enough to map the old and new databases correctly and thus here we are.
The second fix requires the services of an expert level database administrator familiar with the functionality desired and with the nuts and bolts of both databases assuming also that the level of database assess to do that is allowed by xenForo. Unfortunately, that specialized and high level of expertise and knowledge may not be available to UU administration or xenForo tech support.

I just wish someone would let us know if they can't fix it, or that they're working on it, something instead of leaving us in the dark.

Nice that you did that. The way things are going, I created this new, non-UU VIP account because I was afraid that if I tried to pay again, they might take away my ability to post :)

I just wish someone would let us know if they can't fix it, or that they're working on it, something instead of leaving us in the dark.
Yes, the silence is disconcerting.

Top Bottom