Hello UU

Paulee

Reaction score
Hello everyone on UU.
I am an absolute beginner and at 54 hope I'm not too old to learn.
Yesterday I picked up an Islander MSC-4 to learn on.
I know I will need help and guidance along the way and look forward to chatting to you all on the journey.
Any tips

Welcome to the forums Paulee! That's a great ukulele to start with.

Welcome to UU, Paulee!
You're never too old to learn ukulele. Progress may be slower, but learn C and G7 and you'll be strumming along!

Hi Paulee! Welcome to the UU Forum. I started to play when I was 67. So, you're a child prodigy! ;)
Some excellent resources by UU members to check out are
Barry Maz' website: gotaukulele.com
Choirguy's: http://ukestuff.info
Brad Bordessa's: https://liveukulele.com/podcast/
Amongst others.

Welcome to the forums Paulee! That's a great ukulele to start with.
Thankyou. I tried a few but as soon as I tried this one it spoke to me and I knew it was the one for me

Welcome to the forum! Glad you decided to join the ukulele crew, I'm a noob, too, just started in February. Enjoy, this instrument is all about making happy happen.

Welcome to the forum! Glad you decided to join the ukulele crew, I'm a noob, too, just started in February. Enjoy, this instrument is all about making happy happen.
Thankyou. I love that, making happy happen, a great way to say it 🙂

Welcome aboard! I was around sixty when I took up the uke so you have plenty of time to learn whatever you need!

Welcome to UU Paulee. I started learning to play ukulele at about age 60, so you're in good company.

Welcome Paulee and a big hello from Chicago. As it was said, never too late to start.

I was in my 60’s when I picked the ukulele, so it’s never too late, Paulee. Don’t worry too much about goals. Just enjoy the journey. If you’re having fun, everything else will follow.

I was in my 60’s when I picked the ukulele, so it’s never too late, Paulee. Don’t worry too much about goals. Just enjoy the journey. If you’re having fun, everything else will follow.
Thankyou. I totally agree about enjoying the journey.

Top Bottom