Guitar Playing

Yeah, I know about ‘em, but they’re expensive and, too me, troublesome. I’m usin’ the CG for fingerstyle right now. I like the footrest better than on the right thigh though. Thanks for your interest and info though.

Yeah, I know about ‘em, but they’re expensive and, too me, troublesome. I’m usin’ the CG for fingerstyle right now. I like the footrest better than on the right thigh though. Thanks for your interest and info though.
My son and I made some Guitar Lifts ourselves using his office lasercutter and suction cups from the internet2023-02-16 09.57.48.jpg

I’m still thinking about getting one of those things that one sticks on a guitar with suction cups to hold it in place. Has anyone had any trouble with one marring the guitar’s finish?

I’m also still thinkin’ of usin’ a strap on my CG. Anyone else use one?

That’s good ta hear, Bill. I’m playing mine on my thigh right now, and it ain’t too bad. I think I’m gonna get a strap though. I need one for my concert uke too. I‘m working on playing blues with it, and, later I’m gonna use it for slide. I got a new book that’s pretty good, but it‘s all in first position. And I just learned about the other positions — ahhh, well . . .

None of the above is happenin’ much now though — Income Tax . . .

Ya know, Bill1, I’m gettin’ usta playin’ on my right thigh, and it ain’t too bad. I can hold it pretty well, and I can see things better if I want to look. I need to find a short piece of 2 by 4 for my right foot though. I think I’ll try it for a while.

I’ve put my Classical Guitar on hiatus again. My fingers just don’t seem to be long enough for it, and they don’t seem to know where to go. I’d sell it if I knew how go about it — ahhh me . . .

The bass strings on my CG are VERY low pitched. It sounds to me like a Cello or Double Bass. Are all guitar low E strings so low sounding? Right now it’s tuned to D so, of course, it’s even lower. Could it be the nylon (or whatever) strings? It’s buggin’ me.

The tuned to D is a big part of that I would think though I confess I have never tuned a classical guitar down a whole step. If you tune it up to standard pitch does the tone you don't like remain the same?

I was only talking about the E string tuned to D, but both tones are very low to me. I just wondered if regular guitar Es (or Ds) are that low in pitch.

Oh okay, just drop D. To me that sounds beautiful on a classical guitar. Strumming a D chord using all 6 rings out a beautiful sounding chord.

Top Bottom