Guitar Downs & Ups

Well, I’ve got to a part in my book that’s helpful for me to chew on now, and I seem to be a bit more comfortable playing my guitar. I’m also doin’ some better with my other stuff especially my Irish Tenor banjo. It’s my favorite string instrument.

My talent seems to come and go. One of my biggest problems is lack of patience. I have a coupla bad days, and I’m ready hang it up.

You might want to try using a strap, which eliminates the need for a foot stool, and makes it easy to find a comfortable position. I installed strap pegs at the heel of the neck, and the bottom bout on all my guitars.

A strap also allows you to play standing up.

Well, I’ve got to a part in my book that’s helpful for me to chew on now, and I seem to be a bit more comfortable playing my guitar. I’m also doin’ some better with my other stuff especially my Irish Tenor banjo. It’s my favorite string instrument.

My talent seems to come and go. One of my biggest problems is lack of patience. I have a coupla bad days, and I’m ready hang it up.
I know what you mean about bad days. Some days, my music just clicks and my ability seems to flow. Others, I feel like I'm picking up the uke for the very first time. I don't recall feeling that way when learning to play banjo, but my brain and hands were much younger.

Yeah, Oldscruggsfan, I always wonder what a professional does when he gets up there and can’t play worth a darn. I’m sure they have bad days too. It must be embarrassing and difficult.

You play banjo? So do I — mostly Celtic and and 2 finger Country. My Irish banjo is my favorite string instrument.

Top Bottom