Greetings From The Great Lakes

Greetings from the Keweenaw Peninsula in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, surrounded by beautiful Lake Superior! 😊 The Great Lakes immediately caught my eye…What area of the Great Lakes are you from?
Hey, a fellow Yooper! I grew up just outside Escanaba (Bark River), but I've been in Northern Indiana for the past 10+ years. Still try to make it home once or twice a year, usually once in the spring or summer and then again for either Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Keweenaw should be getting pretty close to peak fall color season, right?

Hey, a fellow Yooper! I grew up just outside Escanaba (Bark River), but I've been in Northern Indiana for the past 10+ years. Still try to make it home once or twice a year, usually once in the spring or summer and then again for either Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Keweenaw should be getting pretty close to peak fall color season, right?
Oh, nice!! Yeah, I know where Escanaba is! Cool! The weather has definitely turned here..the beginning of September was still pretty warm, but now it’s cooled to mainly the 50’s and 60’s lately. BEAUTIFUL Fall weather! (My favorite season) And, yes, the fall foliage is almost to its peak. Not quite yet, but it seems to always suddenly explode with color, so I’m looking forward to it. Very nice to meet you! ☺️

A hat tip back to you fine sir (1930s Stetson gibus opera topper):
Well yours is a little more impressive than mine. I believe mine was brand new and was a gift from the owner of the land where our local folk festival (now defunct ) was held. Our jug band wear hats when we perform and he thought this one would look good on me.
Mine was made in China probably some time after the turn of the century.

Top Bottom