FT: Master Series Pono Tenor MTSH-C-MS

about2

Reaction score
Solid cedar top, solid mahogany back and sides. Limited edition. MTSH-C-MS. Grover tuners, side port, slotted headstock, comfort beveled edge, truss rod, radius fretboard and Pono pick-up.

In used, but good condition - just a few surface scratches and minor dings.

Original info on the uke can be read and heard here: https://theukulelesite.com/pono-limited-edition-master-series-cedar-top-mahogany-tenor.html
Was, $1199 new without pickup.

I'm looking for a quality baritone or (maybe a guilele -I've never tried one so I'm iffy).

You can hear two sounds samples here:

If you listen to the above samples you may note the uke is rich in overtones. That's what I'm hoping to find in a trade, one that is rich in overtones. But I should warn you. I'm picky and I hope you are as well. In fact, I think trades should have a "no questions asked" return clause included. I think both parties should end up happy.

Why trade and not sell? Well I guess I could sell it, but I'm thinking both parties can get a better uke by trading . . . or maybe that's just wishful thinking. And why am I thinking of no longer owning such a quality instrument? Because baritones have become my go-to instrument. It's taken me about 4 years to figure this out - but now that I have - I find I'm not playing the Pono that often.

I have nothing to trade, but could be interested in purchase if you get there.

My goodness, the playing on your sound samples is amazing, especially the first sample- 'Kat's Song'. Absolutely beautiful song and skillful playing!
Beautiful tone as well!!

Thank you so much for your kind words. I hope the pieces do some justice to the instrument. The first song is one I wrote for my wife of 46 yrs. I tried to capture her different facets of beauty and the mystery she still is to me. The second is my rendition of a Daniel Ho song. Fun songs to play.

Last edited:
Uke sounds great, nice playing as well!

Top Bottom