For Sale Mark Evans Tenor and Dennis Lake Cigar Box Concert

johntz

Reaction score
Hi All,

Have not posted in a while. Life got the best of me. Daughter now in college, moving to Arizona and starting my own business has kept me away form the forums.

As a result of moving, I am selling a couple of my favorite Ukulele. Made by two of the best builders on the Big Island Mark Evans and Dennis Lake/Po Mahina. Both of these were purchased from Sam Rosen at the Ukulele museum on the Big Island. They are both in perfect mint shape, rarely played (I have a very old Kamaka that I beat up daily). They are both located in the Chicago area. Would love not to have to ship but shipping is ok. You decide on shipping method, insurance and cost and will be additional to below prices. Both come with cases. The cigar box is a hard custom high end case. The Evans has a generic standard hard case that does the job. I unfortunately do not know the wood that the Evans is made of. If anyone recognizes it please post. It sounds glorious and is strung with a low G. Will add several additional string sets for both. PM me if interested and I can also give you my phone number if you want to talk live about them. Happy to answer any questions. Not good at selling things so if I left something out please let me know. The Evans is $1500 and the Lake is $750. This is what I paid for them 10 years ago.

IMG_4356.jpgIMG_4357.jpgIMG_4358.jpgIMG_4359.jpgIMG_4360.jpgIMG_4363.jpgIMG_4364.jpgIMG_4365.jpgIMG_4368.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4360.jpg
    IMG_4360.jpg
    654.6 KB · Views: 8
Lowering the price by $100 for each of them.
$1400 Evans, $650 Lake.

Lowering the price by $100 for each of them.
$1400 Evans, $650 Lake.
Mark's uke looks like Kamanai. Kamani typically has the ribbon stripe figure that is shown in your photo. A very large Hawaiian shoreline tree. Plenty of it around where Mark's shop was. Have not seen him in awhile, so I don't know if he is still in the same place.

Thank you Bob! You nailed it. Kamani sounds familiar.

Top Bottom