Enya E6 Strings ?

I have no idea if the are re-brands but seems close to Oasis Bright
Thank you .
On some 3rd party sites that sell these Enya E6 strings they are described as :

Premium High Density Ukulele Strings

Enya ukulele strings are made of PVDF fluorocarbon, a polymer of higher molecular weight and density than nylon strings. It produces superior volume, sustain and playability.

This is exactly the copy used to describe PhD strings on many websites .
But I don't see PhD string set specs anywhere .

PVDF is the more specific name for the fluorocarbon used in fishing line, which is the basis for ukulele and classical guitar strings.

I just noticed that the copy on the back of Enya E6 package also says :

Premium High Density Ukulele Strings

PVDF , a polymer of higher molecular weight and density than nylon strings produces superior volume, sustain and playability.

This same copy is on the front of the PhD strings package .

So my guess is the Enya E6 strings are re-packaged Phd .

PhD-Soprano-Concert-Ukulele-Strings-High-G-Set---PhD-Ukulele-Creations-Daniel-Ho-Creations-1647917003_2251x.jpg

E6_1800x1800.jpg

Just curious about these strings that are stock on certain Enya models .
Anyone know if these are re-brands ?
Which strings are similar ?

https://www.enya-music.com/products/ukulele-fluorocarbon-strings
  • Made in Japan
  • Transparent ukulele fluorocarbon strings
  • 1(A)-0.021" 2(E)-0.026" 3(C)-0.029" 4(G)-0.023"
  • Compatible with Soprano, Concert, and Tenor
A bit off topic, but I'm surprised that one gauge would be good for soprano, concert and tenor. Even though they give the pitch a gCEA, I assume you'd tune it differently using the gauges on a tenor? (I am not a tenor player, so I'm very ignorant).

A bit off topic, but I'm surprised that one gauge would be good for soprano, concert and tenor. Even though they give the pitch a gCEA, I assume you'd tune it differently using the gauges on a tenor? (I am not a tenor player, so I'm very ignorant).
No they have different tension on each scale. On a tenor they will have highest tension and be loud, on soprano they will be more floppy and have less volume unless they are tuned up to D.

No they have different tension on each scale. On a tenor they will have highest tension and be loud, on soprano they will be more floppy and have less volume unless they are tuned up to D.
yes, that makes sense. I guess I’m surprised the tension on the tenor isn’t high enough to break the strings (or damage the instrument).

Top Bottom