Song Help Request Dueling Banjos for 2 ukes

I've thought about trying it but I'm not smooth at banjo style picking. I still might try it out of curiosity. I've played the guitar part a million times. I have a buddy who is a banjo player that has the same reaction to Dueling Banjos that you do. That one and the theme to Beverly Hillbillies are the ones that people expect banjo players to play. I salute you for being able to play banjo. I have bought and then given up on multiple banjos over the years.
As bad as my hearing is, I'm not being over-generous to say that anyone can do it who has at least one good ear. I consciously have to remind myself to NOT pluck uke strings as hard as I always did on a banjo, and am still failing at that. I love to watch Gerald Ross play SGB on his high-G tenor uke for that very reason. He appears to only lightly touch the strings. That's the technique I want to emulate.

Wow. The guy in the baseball cap is an insane player and he does not use a strap which to me makes his playing even more impressive. Their arrangement of DB sounded more full than I expected. That was a solid duo performance.
Straps belong on Bras. Don't need one on a Uke if it's caressed right. 😄

Here's my cover of Sweet Georgia Brown. Relevance to this thread is that IMHO, even as rough as this version is, it's a decent example of a tune often played as a "dueling duet" with steadily increasing tempo that sounds decent as a High-g soprano solo.

As a side note, I plan to use SGB as a warm-up exercise in the future, and should have done so far longer before taping this cover:ROFLMAO:
If I were given a choice between picking SGB and DB, SGB would always win.

Couldn’t get in; the robot finds my “network” to be suspicious. Huh?

Wow. The guy in the baseball cap is an insane player and he does not use a strap which to me makes his playing even more impressive. Their arrangement of DB sounded more full than I expected. That was a solid duo performance.
They are ok I guess. The accompaniment and dialogue between 2 ukes should encourage duos to be themselves and be creative.

Top Bottom