Double Bass Player

Timbuck

Reaction score
Im best known on this forum for making ukuleles..But as a musician I'm a better bass player than a ukuleleist :)..I was professional for a about 14 years playing around Europe and on the UK club scene in the late 60s and 70s , in those days I mostly played bass guitar starting with a Hofner 500 ,and Epiphone,and several fender bass guitars..later I switched over to string bass and thats the one I play most these days..nothing serious tho. I keep it in a corner of the house and now and again I have a 10 minute session on it for fun just playing scales and well known bass riffs until I feel fulfilled...Here is a pic of the last time I gigged live with it with other muso's about 2016.

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 35
Keeping the memories fresh. This is why we live!

Awesome! I enjoy playing bass the most, too...When are you going to start building Ubasses? :)🤙

Nice! Your bass looks like it’s a Stentor, strung with Innovations. That was my set-up for many years: two plain guts on top, Innovations on the bottom. I have a Paul Bryant these days, one of the last ones he made before he retired. It’s a great instrument.

Oh man looooove the double bass. I LOVE infrasound. I get slightly stupid around loud bass instruments.

Top Bottom