Do Electric Tenor Guitars became extinct in Europe?

pluribus

Reaction score
Yep, I can't seem to find not even one in Europe.
I searched all the stores I could remember and even sent an e-mail to Thomman and they were very nice and replied fast:

"Thank you for your message. I am sorry, there is no electric tenor planned in the moment. We had the Eastwood Warren Ellis a couple of years ago which was extremely cool, but this didn't sell so well...
Sorry."

I know that in the US and even in the UK they have them but the shipping and customs taxes would almost double the price.
I had that experience when I bought some Living Waters strings from Ken Middleton. It's absurd what they charge for a set of strings coming from the UK. I can't even imagine a guitar....

If anyone has some information where I can, at least, find one, new or used, it would be much appreciated.

Yep, I can't seem to find not even one in Europe.
I searched all the stores I could remember and even sent an e-mail to Thomman and they were very nice and replied fast:

"Thank you for your message. I am sorry, there is no electric tenor planned in the moment. We had the Eastwood Warren Ellis a couple of years ago which was extremely cool, but this didn't sell so well...
Sorry."

I know that in the US and even in the UK they have them but the shipping and customs taxes would almost double the price.
I had that experience when I bought some Living Waters strings from Ken Middleton. It's absurd what they charge for a set of strings coming from the UK. I can't even imagine a guitar....

If anyone has some information where I can, at least, find one, new or used, it would be much appreciated.

It seems that is something not worth looking for anymore. It's like an unicorn in Europe.

Tenor guitars are extremely uncommon and although I have played and been active and traveled in the music community for decades I have never even seen one in person.

I'm in USA and got one shipped directly from Eastwood.

It is way cool and the quality is excellent, you will be happy with an Eastwood guitar!

Are you talking about a solid body electric tenor guitar? That's an extremely odd product.

Maybe you want to buy an acoustic tenor guitar and put a magnetic pickup?

Are you talking about a solid body electric tenor guitar? That's an extremely odd product.

Maybe you want to buy an acoustic tenor guitar and put a magnetic pickup?

Yes. A solid body electric tenor guitar.

Eastwood have them, Fender used to have one and some other brands have them. But In Europe it's more likely to find the monster of Loch Ness.

Check it out:

VintageTenorGuitars.com

Down the left side are links to "everywhere."

I had a Soars'y at one time but never liked steel strings, the banjo-type (very narrow) neck, or the fact that I just couldn't reach chords in 5ths or even DGBE on a tenor guitar scale. That experience landed me in ukulele world.

Last edited:
I got the Delta 4 tenor and have it strung like an octave low g ukulele.

Its got the Duane Eddy vibe for sure.

I got the Delta 4 tenor and have it strung like an octave low g ukulele.

Its got the Duane Eddy vibe for sure.
Any chance of an audio sample of that? I'm ordering one and debating between baritone uke and low g octave uke tuning...

Let me work on that....
Thanks! I've got their tenor and mandocello, both in Chicago tuning, have been thinking of a baritone to try with low g octave uke, but might try it on the resonator if it sounds good.

So I sat down to make a little video. Then I realized that I almost always play with it plugged in, and thats probably not what you wanted to hear. If you wanted that, you could go to the eastman webite.

So I messed around with it unamplified, and the results were what I recalled when I first got it. More than too thin, not very loud.

Its a solid body, with just a little bit more space hollowed out underneath the resonator. The two screens are more or less decorative, as they dont connect to the sound chamber. I remember when i bought it I was thinking "porch pickin!" but I dont use it for that. I have since moved on to a recording king RM-993, metal body resonator guitar.

So I sat down to make a little video. Then I realized that I almost always play with it plugged in, and thats probably not what you wanted to hear. If you wanted that, you could go to the eastman webite.

So I messed around with it unamplified, and the results were what I recalled when I first got it. More than too thin, not very loud.

Its a solid body, with just a little bit more space hollowed out underneath the resonator. The two screens are more or less decorative, as they dont connect to the sound chamber. I remember when i bought it I was thinking "porch pickin!" but I dont use it for that. I have since moved on to a recording king RM-993, metal body resonator guitar.
Yeah, I think it's intended to be played plugged in - they don't really make acoustic instruments. No worries, I'll just try it Chicago first and then experiment with octave uke later on. Cheers.

The funny thing is that is probably sounded better DGBE as it originally was! At the time I didn't play guitar at all, and I hated being in the wrong key all the time.

Hmmm, always tinkering......

Top Bottom