Communicate with your members

GF2

Reaction score
Is there any plan to communicate at all with the forum members who can't post?

If you wanted to kill a forum, I'm struggling to think of a better way to do that than by blocking the users who pay you a subscription - who are likely to be your most active participants - (as well as a few other random members like me) and then not talking to them, at all, for months, about that problem and what you're doing to fix it.

I'd be interested to see stats on post numbers. I suspect they've taken a sizeable hit.

Perhaps the admins are experiencing worst problems than the the regular and VIP members?

Perhaps the admins are experiencing worst problems than the the regular and VIP members?
It rarely works that way, but if that were the case, they could do what a few of us have done.

I had to create this new account to post, but it worked as a workaround, and they could do that to communicate with their users. It seems pretty clear the radio silence is through choice.

Not saying this is what’s going on but trust me, there is nothing more embarrassing than an admin getting locked their own account. 😬

It's difficult to understand; Not helping those (VIPs) who are helping the forum, and not explaining why is very strange. I'm also thinking of starting a new account just to get around the problems.

The red bar with UU VIP in it just showed up a week or two ago.

I know previous VIP members were experiencing issues with the changeover. I recently decided to join VIP to support the website. I have full functionality (as far as I know) but I'm not sure if its that way for others.

I know previous VIP members were experiencing issues with the changeover. I recently decided to join VIP to support the website. I have full functionality (as far as I know) but I'm not sure if its that way for others.
In the lower left corner, do you see the word Edit, if not, then you are experiencing the same problem all VIPs have. I'm also a Gold (like VIP) member of the Talk Bass forum, which uses XenForo and it does not suffer from the problems we have here. It's very disheartening that we're not being informed of the progress.

I seem to have the edit feature but seems like others do not. I only joined VIP last week though. Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 11.56.56 AM.png

New account is KohanMichael, paid yearly VIP $45. Let's see if that worked. YES, I now have Edit and Delete. Not an efficient way for them to deal with VIPs, I would much prefer to continue to use kohanmike and showing that I've been a member for 8 years. I'll have to add that to my signature.

In Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center - Member since 9/2013
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
Testing my signature.

In Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center - Member since 9/2013
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Top Bottom