Cockroaches on Parade

ksiegel

Probably unknown member
UU VIP
Reaction score
Harry Waller once called the "The Chicago National Anthem"; well honesty, a lot of places could claim it as their "National Anthem" - I just like the song.

Recorded live on September 17, at the Niskayuna Farmer's Market, in Niskayuna, NY. (I've also got an old recording I did at home a few years back on YouTube; I like this one better.)

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Harry Waller once called the "The Chicago National Anthem"; well honesty, a lot of places could claim it as their "National Anthem" - I just like the song.

Recorded live on September 17, at the Niskayuna Farmer's Market, in Niskayuna, NY. (I've also got an old recording I did at home a few years back on YouTube; I like this one better.)

Enjoy!

Hahahaha! Great job! Love it! Looks like a great place to play!

fantastic song!!! this is awesome Kurt!
smiled the whole way through mate!
'as you sit here listenin to this ... song,
on your kitchen table there's a party going on...'
story of my life brother ;)

fantastic song!!! this is awesome Kurt!
smiled the whole way through mate!
'as you sit here listenin to this ... song,
on your kitchen table there's a party going on...'
story of my life brother ;)
Yours and mine both, Jon.

But at least we've got music to get us through.

-Kurt​

Please do!

And I have to mention, the first place I ever saw a cockroach was in West Virginia.
I’ve got to check it out with a title like this. Very pleased indeed!
Now that I'm not falling asleep.. I can continue this.

I went to college from 1975-1978 in Salem, WV (I lived and worked in Clarksburg during a portion of that time)

During Summer 1976, I was renting a room on Main Street, and working at the community pool for the summer. At night, for recreation, i could either hit the pool halls where they sold beer, or go down to The Salem House, a Members Only Bar/Restaurant and have wine or liquor.

For those who are unaware, at that time in WV,the only way you could drink wine or liquor legally in a commercial location (i.e., a restaurant) was to become a member. Non-members were prohibited from consuming alcoholic beverages on the premises.

Some of the "Clubs" actually charged a small fee and issued a membership card, others included the membership fee in the cost of your drink.
Ridiculous, but it was a legal workaround for the law. (ike the only time I've ever had moonshine - when a WV State Trooper brought a jug from a still he'd confiscated to the local police station, so that we would know what it was, should we ever come across it. Yeah, no. That was worse than Everclear...)

So anyway, I'd spent my evening at The Salem House, walked back to the house I was in, and decided that Nature needed a Return Call. While seated on the porcelain throne, I watched a 3" long German cockroach stroll across the floor and duck underneath the water heater.

All well and good, but what my mind processed was...

I watched a three-foot tall lederhosen-wearing cockroach waltz across the bathroom floor while in a spotlight, turn to me, tip his hat, say "Mein Herr,", walk over to the water heater, hit a hidden button which caused the water heater to swing open, exposing the top of a ladder which the roach climbed down. At which point the water heater swung shut.​

Then the lights went back to normal, and I stared at the water heater, finally just saying, "Woah... What the hell did I drink, and do they have any more of that stuff???"

I kept waiting for either Franz Kafka or Rod Serling to tap me on the shoulder... for the rest of the night...

So "Cockroaches On Parade" has a pretty special WV connection for me...

- Kurt​

Last edited:
Top Bottom