Chronic H.A.S.

rustydusty

Reaction score
Does anyone besides me suffer from H.A.S.??
I carry about half of these to band gigs allowing me to play in virtually any key in first, second, or third position.
I have blues harps, Paddy Richter tuned harps, tremolo harmonicas, chromatic harmonicas, and octave harmonicas.
Most of the harps I don't use have been upgraded, but all of them are in playable condition, otherwise they would have been tossed. Do I need help??20220609_110213.jpg

Does anyone besides me suffer from H.A.S.??
I carry about half of these to band gigs allowing me to play in virtually any key in first, second, or third position.
I have blues harps, Paddy Richter tuned harps, tremolo harmonicas, chromatic harmonicas, and octave harmonicas.
Most of the harps I don't use have been upgraded, but all of them are in playable condition, otherwise they would have been tossed. Do I need help??View attachment 141079
I notice that only a couple of them have a curved mouthpiece, if that’s the right word for it. Seems ideal for using with a holder while playing another instrument. Never occurred to me before—it’s brilliant.

I don't suffer from HAS. Nice collection! Considering quantity, it looks worse than my GAS (guitar), DAD (dulcimer) or UAS. But considering $$ paid, I think it's not nearly as bad. ;)

I could do with a lot more harmonicas than I have - just 6 blues harps, 5 tremolo harps, a chromatic and a weird stacked C - C# pair of octaves. I'm guessing many pro harmonica players would consider the bare minimum to be 12 each of blues and tremolo plus a pair of chromatics in different keys. So your collection doesn't look too extravagant!

Top Bottom