Charango bad intonation

When I found our childhood 1960 Harmony in my mom’s closet it’s back had pulled off, but much more cleanly, I did the same thing, figuring nothing to lose, and the thinned white glue has held since and I still play it occasionally. Here’s hoping your fix will last also!

When I found our childhood 1960 Harmony in my mom’s closet it’s back had pulled off, but much more cleanly, I did the same thing, figuring nothing to lose, and the thinned white glue has held since and I still play it occasionally. Here’s hoping your fix will last also!
Thanks,
Are you playing the Harmony?
Realized today that the neck angle has always been off and since the neck and body are one piece, I can't change the neck angle I decided to remove the bridge and am going to make a floating bridge and tailpiece.

If it sounds like I know what I am doing, then I have everyone fooled. I don't advise anybody to take my advice on instrument repair.

Charango_No_Bridge.jpg

Better than I could do.

Nice!

Well, my Sister-In-Law requested that my wife and I come to Canada to play with her choir in a performance of "Misa Criolla". My wife is going to play uke and I am playing charango. So I actually had to finish this job. I bought a set of Aquila light charango strings and we are trying to figure out the music. I now have my Frankenstein charango in working order.. Looking at many charango tutorials to get the nifty strums down.

Attachments

• 5_charango_strings_and_score.jpg
    5_charango_strings_and_score.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Top Bottom