Song Help Request Can You Feel The Love Tonight (Elton/ Disney)

Oldscruggsfan

Reaction score
Over the past few days, I've worked out the basic fingerings for Elton John's Can You Feel The Love Tonight. I transposed to Key of F in the hope of eventually singing along. I haven't found any UU cover of this tune I could refer to for chord-melody reference. My questions: (1) Is the time signature 4/4 or something else? (2) Is my online search correct that tempo is 90bpm? (That seems too fast, but what do I know?) (3) Are Disney tunes just generally avoided in SOTU and otherwise for some reason, or is this one just generally unpopular?

I often cheat and start with somebody else's score. This is in 4/4 and 62bpm on the published sheet music I see, and both feel right to me listening to the song.

You can find one of several versions on MuseScore.com at

There have been two seasons dedicated to Disney songs, each of which had a cover of Can You Feel The Love Tonight .

I often cheat and start with somebody else's score. This is in 4/4 and 62bpm on the published sheet music I see, and both feel right to me listening to the song.

You can find one of several versions on MuseScore.com at

There have been two seasons dedicated to Disney songs, each of which had a cover of Can You Feel The Love Tonight .

Thank you!

Thank you!
Getting to listen to both SOTU covers was a huge help, but just knowing the correct tempo always gets me far ahead. I've now been able to get well beyond just the melody notes by adding just enough G-drone to jazz it up a bit. I should be ready to post a video shortly. Still working out when, and how much to fret the high G while I'm picking.

Top Bottom