Bonanza Homestead Line

Hey Pete.
What's the nut width and string spread ( g to A ) on the Baritone Homestead ? Couldn't find and "specs" on your website. ( And I never bother with FB )
Nut is 1.5". I will need to measure string width.

Are there no longer options for different tuners on the Homestead? I just checked and currently the only option is the Graphtec Tunaleles.

Last edited:
Maybe the Graphtec Tunaleles tuners are the only ones still in stock or there's a software issue? I'm still waiting on a Homestead order with Gotohs, albeit the order no longer shows in my profile (albeit I spoke with them on the phone and paid).

Hi there..This is Shelley and I am the one that removed them as an option. The focus of the Homestead is to keep the cost down. Sources for Gotoh's are unreliable, and with so many different color options on them, it is an issue of keeping the right stock. I have finally found one reliable source, but they are a special order and a wait of 4-6 weeks to get them. So my thought is to just offer the Graphtecs on the Homestead, which work really really well and give you a back facing tuner for a fraction of the cost. The Graphtecs are being used by a number of well known companies I saw them on a Loprinizi out of Uke Republic, and they are offered on their website as well as TheUkuleleSite. I know they aren't as pretty as Gotoh's, but they are actually an upgrade at no extra cost to you from our standard geared tuners.

Thank you everyone for your input. After considering the responses, we decided to reinstate the option for Gotoh tuners on the Homestead line, but with a limited color pallet(two). I also got the geared tuners option fixed. When I was trying to add a color option, it got deleted by mistake. Sorry about that. So now they are available with 5 options for tuners.

Has anyone ordered one from outside the US? I sent an email about shipping to Canada a couple days ago but I think they are pretty busy at the moment so I haven't heard back yet. It's kind of cold now also so Im worried if it will be OK since it's solid wood :eek:

Has anyone ordered one from outside the US? I sent an email about shipping to Canada a couple days ago but I think they are pretty busy at the moment so I haven't heard back yet. It's kind of cold now also so Im worried if it will be OK since it's solid wood :eek:

Hi.
Shelley sent you an email.
Check your spam filter.
If it's not there let us know.

The way we package them the weather should not be an issue.

FYI, the first Homestead ukes in walnut, cherry and alder are now being shown and sound sampled on the Bonanza Facebook page.

Last edited:

Glad to see your email problem has been solved.

As for the wood and the cold, I've heard that worry before. I doubt that music stores receive no shipments in the cold weather. Do uke and guitar makers stop shipping when it's cold?

I’m excited! Shelley just called that mine is ready. She’s going to wait until after Christmas to ship to avoid problems in the crazy (I’m more than good with that). She said she keeps an eye on the weather to try to ship on warmer days to prevent sitting in super cold depots as much as possible, but that she packages things really well and her concern is more that FedEx can lose things in the Christmas rush.

Top Bottom