Best CONUS source for rear facing tuners?

Oldscruggsfan

Reaction score
I'm strongly considering switching out the side-ear tuning machines that came with my DIY soprano uke kit for rear-facing ones. The side ear tuners actually work just fine and don't slip. I just dislike the appearance.

The expense of Gotohs or Pegheds makes no sense as an upgrade a $29.00 uke. What's my best CONUS-based retailer option for ordering a set of Graph Techs? Are there other relatively inexpensive options such as someone here at UU (via PM) whose uke was irreparably damaged and is willing to "part out" 4 Gotohs or Pegheads at a steep discount?

Graph Techs won’t come cheap, perhaps you’re open to alternatives that are more in line with the price of your Uke. I’ve ordered stuff from Lucy’s Ukulele’s in Seattle and been pleased with both price and service. IIRC they don’t have a website but sell on reverb and eBay.

Graph Techs won’t come cheap, perhaps you’re open to alternatives that are more in line with the price of your Uke. I’ve ordered stuff from Lucy’s Ukulele’s in Seattle and been pleased with both price and service. IIRC they don’t have a website but sell on reverb and eBay.
Thank you for the guidance. Are there certain lower-priced but decent quality brands I should be keying in on? I don't recall seeing rear-facing Grovers.

Direct?
WOW. Thanks! I actually tried the GT webpage first but what I got was very primitive and almost looked & felt like a cloned site. At that point I assumed they didn't sell directly to consumers.

I'm strongly considering switching out the side-ear tuning machines that came with my DIY soprano uke kit for rear-facing ones. (snip)

The expense of Gotohs or Pegheds makes no sense as an upgrade a $29.00 uke. (snip)
I put Gotohs on my $10 flea market Decca soprano. Sometimes it's best not to compromise.

Thank you for the guidance. Are there certain lower-priced but decent quality brands I should be keying in on? I don't recall seeing rear-facing Grovers.
Grover sells lots of rear-facing tuners, but they’re all friction style AFAIK. I’ve had an excellent experience with all of them.

Top Bottom