Beltona Super Baritone

bazmaz

Reaction score
Wow! That is really cool and I wish I could afford one. I like steel strings, and on a baritone, this one would be the way to go...

Arrrgh ! I wish I hadn't seen that
I now want one , but the $$ is out of the question .

I suspect I’m alone on this but I didn’t care for the sound at all. I don’t doubt that it will suit some people.

I suspect I’m alone on this but I didn’t care for the sound at all. I don’t doubt that it will suit some people.
It is not to my taste either, I have no interest in playing something like this. But I still think it was really cool to see & hear. I find it very interesting in the variety of sounds and shapes and materials that ukulele come in.

It is not to my taste either, I have no interest in playing something like this. But I still think it was really cool to see & hear. I find it very interesting in the variety of sounds and shapes and materials that ukulele come in.
Yep, you either like the resonator sound or you don't. A bit like banjos!!

Love these. Need to get my skill level up to where I want to project first though :)

Makes me wonder about the different acoustic properties of fiberglass, carbon fibre, and flax or Antica Ukeleleria's Jute.

I've never tested the two materials in any capacity - but I will say this - in 2013 I had the chance to play a Beltona fibreglass tenor uke side by side with a wooden body National tenor uke. I'd have walked away with the Beltona - leagues nicer than the National to my ears.

It is not to my taste either, I have no interest in playing something like this.
Yep, you either like the resonator sound or you don't. A bit like banjos!!

I totally get y'all . But I AM a reso guy .

I'm not sure if this is your context Bazmaz:

I do have a metal body Biscuit squareneck ( ok, my daughter took it over , but will let me borrow it ) . It does have a quasi Banjo - like tone compared to the more typical Spider Bridge .

Top Bottom