Assisted Living Gig...

Bill Sheehan

Reaction score
Yesterday I got to do an appearance at one of the assisted living facilities here in my town. It went really well, and I'm pretty sure that a few days were brightened.
I have come to enjoy these outings as much as I once enjoyed playing in the bars in the old days-- one significant difference being that I only have to prepare one set, plus I get home at a decent hour, and I don't have a headache the next morning!

Here are a few photos from the occasion; the young lady seated to my left is my girlfriend's daughter, a wonderful special needs friend who loves life and loves to sing. This time around she was featured on "Eight Days a Week", and also rendered her own very special "a capella" version of "White Christmas", which the folks really enjoyed. I have learned much from her.

IMG_1317.JPGIMG_1315.JPGIMG_1316.JPG

I play in the Lakeshore Ukulele Strummers and we are doing a Christmas show tomorrow at an assisted living facility. We did a show last fall and it was so rewarding. We are a fairly new group and I hope we made our audience as happy as they made us feel. If this show turns out half as good as our last one it will be a success. I wish you could come and play with us.

I play in the Lakeshore Ukulele Strummers and we are doing a Christmas show tomorrow at an assisted living facility. We did a show last fall and it was so rewarding. We are a fairly new group and I hope we made our audience as happy as they made us feel. If this show turns out half as good as our last one it will be a success. I wish you could come and play with us.
That's great, Rotarywalker! I'm betting it'll go well, and I'm sure you'll be brightening up many a resident's day!

Awesome! I’m sure it brightened their day so much. When my wife’s grandma was in assisted living before passing away, we would go play ukulele and sing to her and she seemed to really enjoy it. Some people in there really brightened up when they saw someone come in with an instrument.

Awesome! I’m sure it brightened their day so much. When my wife’s grandma was in assisted living before passing away, we would go play ukulele and sing to her and she seemed to really enjoy it. Some people in there really brightened up when they saw someone come in with an instrument.
Awesome, Smitty! I got to do another outing yesterday, and a couple of the residents actually got up and danced during "Can't Buy Me Love"!

Top Bottom