Ask the person after you a random question

I just realized I can‘t remember the last time I built a snowman and that makes me sad. I believe in being childlike no matter what age I am.

Do you enjoy mixing sweet and savoury food? New combos or classics like ham and applesauce.

Yes, at a particulate level.

Do you think strings are real?

I've been watching old movies with a person in her 90s. Fred Astaire seems to be the winner.
We recently watched Top Hat, which got a big thumbs up from my movie companion.

When you see a lot of emergency vehicles rushing somewhere, what is your first thought?

I was sitting in a vet clinic parking lot today waiting for a dog who was having a treatment, (I was merely the chauffeur today, since the owner was having surgery today), and a lot of emergency vehicles headed in the direction of a local mall, (though I don't know if that's where they went.) I used to think that there was an accident, but now my first thought was: Oh, no, not another mall shooting....

The dog did well with his treatment, and the human is recovering well from his surgery, so at least that all is good news. And I hope that whoever needed emergency help is doing OK now too.

I usually notice emergency vehicles when I'm on the road, which means I'm either intently driving somewhere, or I'm with a driving student. In either state, I want to avoid being in a traffic jam. So, my first thought when I see emergency vehicles is: Which way are they turning? Whichever way that is, I'm going another direction!

What's your favorite card game? (played with a standard deck of cards)

Aquila Nylgut.

What's the craziest thing you've done?

Cycled 56 miles on a whim as a 14 year old girl. It was a fundraiser for a new local fire station.

I wasn't particularly fit and I came last but I managed it. Wasn't fun being dehydrated and sunburned, and narrowly avoiding a creep who most likely wanted to murder and rape me, but I made it home.

Last time you consumed caffeine?

Caffeine? About 20 minutes ago. But, I don't drink coffee. I generally drink soft drinks. (I used to be "sugared only", but when I went Keto a few years ago, I finally accepted diet drinks) I drink unsweetened iced tea a lot. Sometimes (rarely) drink hot tea with honey. But, I probably have a can or two of diet soda almost every day. Oh, and CHOCOLATE. Not a day goes by without some very dark chocolate.

What's your strongest chemical addiction? (I don't drink or smoke, so I guess mine is caffeine. Or... my blood pressure medication.)

I guess I'm kind of addicted to sweets. I've been eating nougat candies non-stop for the past 3 weeks; just finished the last box today. That's about 12boxes * 700g/box = 0.85lb per day. I used to eat an enitre 8" cake at the office every Friday (the local supermarket has a special on 8" strawberry cakes every Friday; I'd stop to buy one before getting into the office). The trouble now is that I'm a lot less active than when I was younger so my weight is pretty bad.

What's a bad habit that you'd like to kick?

Naw, no reindeer at the South pole. Can you imagine penguins pulling his sleigh?

If both polar ice caps melted would Antarctica be under water?

I watched a documentary on this. I think Antarctica is weighed down by the ice on it, so the land would rebound upward a bit. Also there mountains there, so not completely.

What’s your favorite flavor or type of cake?

Chocolate.

Have you ever served on a federal jury? (Completely different experience than the usual county jury duty in the US.)
I still have nightmares about it....

Nope. I did a local jury on an interesting DWI case, though. Lady was taking pain killers for a back injury and also drinking alcohol. Got in an argument with her BF and decided to drive to the store. Backed into her neighbors car across the street! She barely got out of her own driveway... but, technically, she was driving impaired and that was proven. The fact that she got lucky and didn't get out on the road to kill somebody was sheer luck! We found her guilty.

Okay, think of a color. Now, how would you describe that color to a person who is blind from birth and never experienced color?

Top Bottom