Almost Built but needs help! Any good luthiers?

Pilot Airon

Reaction score
Hello all!

Long time guitar player, long time member of the Acoustic Guitar Forum/Taylor Guitar Forum since early 2000's, but just getting into the Uke scene.

Recently I came across an estate sale of a local (Lebanon & Gresham, Oregon) luthier who built a number of beautiful guitars and ukuleles. Apparently it was Mr. Lyle Crawford often building under the "Grace" brand. Well, I bid and won an almost finished tenor model and I'd like to have a decent luthier finish it up for me in honor of his legacy. It's really beautifully done with Shaller tuners and hand cut inlays. Basically it's needing a nut and saddle installed and strung up.

Anyone have any recommendations for semi-custom luthiers that would like to finish this project for me? I'd like someone that has some experience, but would prefer to keep the custom builder feel to it. I also bid (and won) his plans (if that's any help).

I'll also ask on the AGF if no one here can help me out, but I figured this would be this best resource!

Thanks!
-Aaron
(JDTaylors on AGF)

Attachments

• IMG_0213.JPG
    IMG_0213.JPG
    706.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0212.JPG
    IMG_0212.JPG
    511.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    471.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0210.JPG
    IMG_0210.JPG
    769.2 KB · Views: 45
That is a beautiful instrument, I would be glad to help you out although I live on Vashon Island near Seattle, you would probably have to bring the instrument up here for me to finish it!

I’m 100% willing to ship to the right person, feel free to PM me! I’m also a private pilot here so I can make it up to Seattle depending on weather.

I've had a Grace concert scale ukulele. Was very well made and finished. Well worth completing that one. Good luck with it.

Attachments

• sbx21uuimnhn17alkyn9.jpg
    sbx21uuimnhn17alkyn9.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 21
Aaron, Were there any of Mr. Crawford's bridges for sale/auction that he may have had laying around? Started or finished? It might make the completion process easier.

Hello all!

Long time guitar player, long time member of the Acoustic Guitar Forum/Taylor Guitar Forum since early 2000's, but just getting into the Uke scene.

Recently I came across an estate sale of a local (Lebanon & Gresham, Oregon) luthier who built a number of beautiful guitars and ukuleles. Apparently it was Mr. Lyle Crawford often building under the "Grace" brand. Well, I bid and won an almost finished tenor model and I'd like to have a decent luthier finish it up for me in honor of his legacy. It's really beautifully done with Shaller tuners and hand cut inlays. Basically it's needing a nut and saddle installed and strung up.

Anyone have any recommendations for semi-custom luthiers that would like to finish this project for me? I'd like someone that has some experience, but would prefer to keep the custom builder feel to it. I also bid (and won) his plans (if that's any help).

I'll also ask on the AGF if no one here can help me out, but I figured this would be this best resource!

Thanks!
-Aaron
(JDTaylors on AGF)
If you post your location, someone might know a good luthier in your area.

Thanks all! Looks like I found someone, much appreciated! I'll be sure to post some pictures post completion!

Aaron, Were there any of Mr. Crawford's bridges for sale/auction that he may have had laying around? Started or finished? It might make the completion process easier.
Unfortunately not, just some odds and ends, like the plans and a couple of jigs and half completed sides (which I bought just for fun!) (aspiring luthier someday myself)

Thanks!

Top Bottom