Ahhh, Those Dodgers

They can't not do better! 106 ought to be easy but 116 is gone and .700 is gonna be real tough.

Emirates did a bunch of those promotional antics- US open tennis, soccer/futbol. But the ads with the FA on top of the Burj khalifa is on another level, literally and figuratively! (both are on youtube if interested and you haven't seen before)

Hey... the Dodgers are Hollywood all the way... what do you expect? Flight attendants throwing out the first pitch? Headlines, baby! Own the news cycle!

So... anyone else thinkin' what I'm thinkin'... about those HRs #699 and #700?

That the Dodgers pitchers grooved Albert a couple of batting practice fast balls so he could get the record in LA? He was well loved there... and the Dodgers have clinched the title already... why not?

And if you go for conspiracy theories: That Peacock encouraged them? SO they would have an exclusive... and have the last laugh as they sell the rights to the images back to MLB?

Maybe...

Actually that thought crossed my mind, esp giving up 2 to a guy that had been slowing down and didn't look like he'd get there a week or 2 ago. but what about that 0 below the 11?

Last edited:
Ahh, don’t ruin it for him. Most people never even come close to getting that many home runs. He’s certainly a great hitter. Give him his due!

Ahh, don’t ruin it for him. Most people never even come close to getting that many home runs. He’s certainly a great hitter. Give him his due!

I'm not saying that I object, really. The Dodgers revived AP's career after the Halos were ready to drop him into the dust bin of baseball history... aided by the addition of the DH to both leagues.

His record, though certainly deserved, comes as a bit of a fluke, really. If the DH rules were not changed, our grand-kids would be asking "Albert... WHO?"

But sympathetic pitchers grooving fat ones to their friends in games that don't matter much has a long and noble history.

Not being able to see it unless you are a dedicated streamer is a new wrinkle, though.

Actually that thought crossed my mind, esp giving up 2 to a guy that had.been slowing down and didn't look like he'd get there a.week or 2.ago. but what about that 0 below the 11?

I grew up sitting on those hard, wooden $2 bench seats lining the outfield at Chavez Ravine as well... I used to love to cheer for Manny Mota out there playing left with my Cub Scout troop... we would all start yelling his name... MAN-NY MAN-NY MAN-NY... and he would always turn and wave to us. Cherished memories for sure!

It must have been great fun to have been there this week to see those two balls flying into the outfield bleachers... memories to be cherished by a new generation...

Although I rather doubt even those bleacher seats are reffered to as "The Cheap Seats" any more... Nor are ANY of the seats in there... not even standing room only...

But - if MLB ends up having to pay Peacock for the rights to the images, well, it serves them right... Just another money grab.

Everything will change again next year with all the new rules... we'll see how it turns out... I doubt we will see any new records come out of it, though.

Not even "shortest complete game in the modern era"...

A 6-game series to close the season, at home, against the Rockies... and the best they might manage is a split??? Peaking at the right time...

Brace your Left-coast selves for Snitker's Braves, namely reliever Kenley Jansen, world-class catcher Travis d-Arnaud and all the other champions. The Chop House is a force to be reckoned with.:eek:

Last edited:
Thankfully the dodgers have home field advantage throughout the post-season. I was at game 1 of the 1988 World Series (gibby’s hr). The pandemonium was unbelievable. Hoping for more heroics ⚾

As much as I'm a Dodger fan, I'm a bit concerned about them making it through the playoffs with the erratic scoring they've been doing lately.

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
4 tenor thinline cutaway ukes, 3 thinline acoustic bass ukes, 5 solid body bass ukes
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member Cali Rose & The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Yeah, Mike, they do seem to run hot and cold sometimes, but so do the other teams. Playin’ everyday is difficult for grownups I think. I’ll bet sometimes they just don’t feel like runnin’ around out there in the sun for three or four hours. I’m sure they’ll all be tryin’ their best.

I really don’t see why baseball is an everyday thing. I never have. Football is popular too, and it’s only once a week.

Yeah, Mike, they do seem to run hot and cold sometimes, but so do the other teams. Playin’ everyday is difficult for grownups I think. I’ll bet sometimes they just don’t feel like runnin’ around out there in the sun for three or four hours. I’m sure they’ll all be tryin’ their best. I really don’t see why baseball is an everyday thing. I never have. Football is popular too, and it’s only once a week.
Being retired since 2012, watching the games on TV provides some good time occupation, and my twin brother and I will get on the phone together during many of the games. We used to go to a couple of games a year, but the tickets for the seats we prefer are so expensive now, and having had the ballpark experience often enough, we decided watching a game on TV is much more comfortable. I understand that watching football has become more popular than baseball. (I went to three pro football games, and each time I said I'll never do that again, which I've stuck to for the last 20 years. I'm enjoying NFL Red Zone on Sundays.)

Actually, my wife is the Dodger fan. She watches every game. I’ve more or less sworn off sports. I usta enjoy College football a lot, but now there are just too many rules and penalties. I find it very irritating when a sixty yard touchdown run is called back because someone blocked an opponent in the back. I never have liked Pro-football much.

I watch baseball with my wife for a while, but, not usually, for a whole game. I got stuff ta do, driving myself crazy tryin’ ta twist my fingers inta those darned chords.

I a
Yeah, Mike, they do seem to run hot and cold sometimes, but so do the other teams. Playin’ everyday is difficult for grownups I think. I’ll bet sometimes they just don’t feel like runnin’ around out there in the sun for three or four hours. I’m sure they’ll all be tryin’ their best.

I really don’t see why baseball is an everyday thing. I never have. Football is popular too, and it’s only once a week.
I agree. Though I enjoy watching baseball, there are waaay too many games.

Dodgers vs Padres?

Just read today's LA Times... it sounds like the Dodgers are not taking the Pod's seriously AT ALL...

Recipe for disaster!

First game tonight... and since I'm a Giants fan...

GO PADRES!!!

Top Bottom