A Baritone with good intonation - seeking info

ic-uke

Reaction score
Hello
I'm shopping for a Koa (or, another non-Mahogany tone-wood) Baritone with good intonation at least to the12th fret. I'm sure that the Martin Style 51 would fit the bill but unlike my fave Martin T1K, Koa Tenor, I was never crazy about my 51s' Mahogany sound.

Ideally, I'd like a Martin B1K but Martin's gone in the opposite direction, focusing solely on their smaller bodied ukes.

I was greatly impressed with the first position playing I once did on a LoPrinzi Concert but I never played it up the neck. I'm now looking into ordering a Baritone from them but wanted to run it past you.

Can you please weigh in on this matter?

Thank you

ic-uke

I have a LoPrinzi Tenor and I can attest that it sounds fantastic all over the fretboard. It's very resonant even up at the tenth fret, and the intonation is very good. Given you are after a Baritone, the intonation is going to be even better due to the longer string length. Also, LoPrinzi are also guitar makers and this likely informs and improves their larger uke designs. If you get one, I'm sure you'll love it.

I have a LoPrinzi Tenor and I can attest that it sounds fantastic all over the fretboard. It's very resonant even up at the tenth fret, and the intonation is very good. Given you are after a Baritone, the intonation is going to be even better due to the longer string length. Also, LoPrinzi are also guitar makers and this likely informs and improves their larger uke designs. If you get one, I'm sure you'll love it.
Hey Casper, thanks for your input. It's good to know that you've confirmed my guesstimation regarding LoPrinzis' attention to intonation. This is most helpful in my decision making.

Point taken on the scale length differences.

Congratulations on your LoPrinzi, it sounds like it's found a good home!

Hey Casper, thanks for your input. It's good to know that you've confirmed my guesstimation regarding LoPrinzis' attention to intonation. This is most helpful in my decision making.

Point taken on the scale length differences.

Congratulations on your LoPrinzi, it sounds like it's found a good home!
Yes, I love it very much and play it all the time.

Top Bottom