A backpack for uke?

Bumping this for ideas for a good day pack for travel. Fine with it sticking out--thinking of traveling with a good uke (hardcase_ and my outdoor uke sticking out a day pack.

Are you thinking of two ukuleles in one backpack or one in and one out?

One is going in a hard case. The Outsider is going in day backpack and will fit under the seat in front of me in the plane. I had a good Osprey that is at the end of its life, and was able to get one in there, but wanted to see if there were more "uke specific" options or anything loved by anyone.

Bumping this for ideas for a good day pack for travel. Fine with it sticking out--thinking of traveling with a good uke (hardcase_ and my outdoor uke sticking out a day pack.
There are sooo many packs out there and the designs often change... I would suggest just taking your case/uke to an REI or outdoor store and testing them out to find what works best for you.

Last edited:
Tenors and cases are huge and getting an oversized pack to stuff everything in is not pretty. Case with straps as shown is a bit better. I recall an inter island flight a few years ago where the lady seated beside me had a soprano uke in her (large) purse. Now that's the classy way to transport your uke.

Otherwise any tall single compartment bag should do it, for example the 85l version of this
Or even a military type duffel bag.

Last edited:
REI is a good idea, and probably what I will do. And yes, sopranos only for me ;)
REI is a great place to try and buy. A consideration should be what else you will be putting in the pack. I need one that will hold a water bottle outside, a book, a light jacket, maybe a bag for meds, etc. Then the ukulele goes in.

Timbuk2 also made a durable and simple back pack - one big open pocket, foldover flap that's easy to let a uke neck stick out of one corner. Pretty much bulletproof. But I don't see it on their current website listings. The Foundry pack is similar but more complicated (and more $).

After looking and looking, I decided to get a double tenor bag, and backpack straps added to it, then use the lower compartment for a music stand, mini amp, pouch with a variety of accessories, and use the tops outer pouch for my iPad, and the little zipper pouch on that for strings, foot pedal. It's an all in one solution that's easy enough to carry and has room for a lot of stuff.

Uke bag 72.jpg
have a double that I tried to sell on the UU marketplace. The cost of shipping was more than I asked for. I still have it unused.

On the same "old" thread. I use this roll around back pack as shown, with various combination of stuff as needed. I couldn't find a brand or any tags.

Attachments

• ukulele roller backpack copy.jpg
    ukulele roller backpack copy.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 12
Top Bottom