Festival 2023 Los Angeles International Ukulele Festival

mitchchang

Reaction score
Make your plans NOW to be in Los Angeles in September!
Tickets on sale February 5, make sure you're on the email list for a chance to win a pair of tickets! https://losangelesukulelefestival.com

This year's artist lineup: Abe Lagrimas, Kalei Gamiao, Corey Fujimoto, Lil Rev, Sarah Maisel, Craig Chee, Peter Luongo, Ukulollo, Katie DeNure, Anthony Stanley, Ukulenny, Abby Lyons & even more!

Torrance Cultural Arts Center, 3330 CIVIC CENTER DR, TORRANCE

September 22
: Luau/VIP Night, more details to come

September 23: All-day workshops, performances, open mic, strum-alongs, vendors, food, prizes...what more do you need!
All-access general admission is only $47 and includes all workshops (classes for all ability levels) and all-day performances from the best and the brightest ukulele talent on the planet.
Ukulele marketplace is free and open to the public

Don't miss out!

images from 2022:
2022 ukulele festival collage.jpg

Last edited:
Make your plans NOW to be in Los Angeles in September!
Tickets on sale February 5, make sure you're on the email list for a chance to win a pair of tickets! www.losangelesukulelefestival.com

This year's artist lineup: Abe Lagrimas, Kalei Gamiao, Corey Fujimoto, Lil Rev, Sarah Maisel, Craig Chee, Peter Luongo, Ukulollo, Katie DeNure, Anthony Stanley, Ukulenny, Abby Lyons & even more!

Torrance Cultural Arts Center, 3330 CIVIC CENTER DR, TORRANCE

September 22
: Luau/Club Night, more details to come

September 23: All-day workshops, performances, open mic, strum-alongs, vendors, food, prizes...what more do you need!
All-access general admission is only $47 and includes all workshops (classes for all ability levels) and all-day performances from the best and the brightest ukulele talent on the planet.
Ukulele marketplace is free and open to the public

Don't miss out!

images from 2022:
View attachment 147436
Yay!!! Sooooo looking forward to this!!!!!

Marked my calendar for Feb. 5 to buy my ticket.

Guess what? Even MORE artists added to the lineup...and the price is still just $47!

2023 Artist Lineup: Abe Lagrimas, Kalei Gamiao, Corey Fujimoto, Sarah Maisel, Lil Rev, Ukulollo, Ukulenny, Craig Chee, Peter Luongo, Abby Lyons, Jenifer Cabrera, Katie DeNure, Mika Kane, Melanie Kareem, Anthony Stanley
2023 ukulele festival artists-4.png

TICKETS ON SALE TOMORROW 2/5/23 9AM!

Important note:
I am capping this year's attendance at 1,000. Why? Because I want to make sure it'll be a pleasant experience for everyone and this is the number I've determined would keep classes and crowds to a comfortable size. Which means you're going to want to grab your tickets NOW before they're all gone!

Last edited:
OK so this year's festival we have:

Friday Sept 22: VIP Luau Night
Hawaiian entertainment by Anthony Stanley and One Island, 'ono luau food, performances, dress-up contest & the chance to mix and mingle with the artists away from the busy-ness of the main festival day! Limited space and tickets are going fast - click here to grab your spot

Saturday Sept 23: Main Festival Event, All-Day
Workshops, performances, food, prizes, open mic, play-along's, hanging out...all for only 47 bucks all day!

And now announcing....

Sunday Sept 24: AFTERNOON CONCERT WITH NUE!
Nā ‘Ukulele ‘Ekolu is Bryan Tolentino on tenor ‘ukulele, Halehaku Seabury on baritone ‘ukulele and Kama Hopkins on bass 'ukulele. With special guests Corey Fujimoto, Kalei Gamiao, Mika Kane and Hālau Hula Ke Ola O Kaua’i & La’ikūokealaula
This killer third day add-on is produced together with the Torrance Cultural Arts Foundation, tickets on sale June 24. Will have a workshop late Sunday morning (free & open only to ticket holders), lunch break, then concert at 2pm. Save the date!

Got my ticket. This will be my second time. Are you doing t-shirts again?

Hi everyone - question for y'all: if we extend the festival to Sunday Sept 24 (in addition to the already-scheduled NUE concert at 2pm), would you be interested? And what would you like to see/do?

More ukulele club performance opportunities? Strum-alongs? Open mic? Workshops?

The time would be 9am-2pm, toying with the idea of including lunch in the ticket price but that might complicate things, what with people's diet preferences and all.

Hi everyone - question for y'all: if we extend the festival to Sunday Sept 24 (in addition to the already-scheduled NUE concert at 2pm), would you be interested? And what would you like to see/do?

The time would be 9am-2pm, toying with the idea of including lunch in the ticket price but that might complicate things, what with people's diet preferences and all.
100% yes!!!

I would prefer workshops and strum-alongs.

Yes, yes, yes!!!

And please invite Ukulele Underground next year! 😉😜

Cool idea. Def more performances and workshops. Open mic would be a great idea too. Maybe group jam sessions? How about a uke swapmeet for attendees who have ukes to sell? Day 1 can be brands, Day 2 can be private sellers?

I think included lunch is a good idea, but agreed that logistics could get complicated. Food vendors again for a 2nd day and let attendees decide for themselves what they want to eat?

I am not a morning person, but I would buy a ticket for Day 2 if it were to feature strum alongs and workshops. I'd maybe even get a hotel room somewhere nearby, even though I live in Los Angeles, because the drive home going to/through downtown on Saturday at 5pm is not fun and I want to check out the breweries in Torrance. Roastbeast's idea of a swapmeet is a tantalizing one, and a bit dangerous for those of us with UAS. But, it would be nice to have more time to check out vendors big and small if any were willing to come on Sunday.

Definitely interested! Workshops is a must. Strum-alongs would be great as well. Lunch would be great, if you can make it happen. Thanks, Mitch!

Top Bottom