Search results

1. C

Koaloha factory tour unveils some interesting things to come….

So I am back in Honolulu again and took the chance to do the Koaloha factory tour. Lo and behold I was greeted by Mom and Pops at the door and had such a great time there chatting with them before and after the tour. Egan, Pops grandson took us on the tour. There was a bunch of red labels with...
  2. C

Interesting headstocks

So I was at the ukulelesite recently. I wanted to get one of these and after playing them for awhile I notice that there were 2 different headstocks on the same model. I am not sure why they did that. Or maybe it was an oversight. These are the new Vibrante models made in the same factory as...
  3. C

New Uke Day (NUD) Anuenue Moonbird Baritone

I got this during my visit to Hawaii from Kalei at the ukulelesite in end Nov but have been so busy over the holiday period I actually haven’t played it much. It was a bit of an impromptu purchase. I am still not used to the wide string spacing. My fretting fingers more often than not lands off...
  4. C

Koaloha Black Label vs KTM25

I recently mentioned that I had a chance to play a friend’s brand new Black Label. But I have been so busy lately I didn’t have the time to actually look through all the sound clips I made. I will slowly add to them here as time permits. I did some very quick videos using my iPhone before...
  5. C

Jake Blue anyone?

Happened to be in Tokyo for vacation and stumbled across ‘The’ Kamaka Jake blue. Not 1 but 2! I didn’t notice before this but those tuners are big! And yes you can buy right away. No need to wait 3-4 years.
  6. C

Kamaka Disney 100 Special

I went for the factory tour today and Chris Kamaka showed us a special edition for Disney Aulani. Only 100 will be made. They are half way through them. Will post a factory tour separately later on. They also had the Mickey fret dots version. If you look closely above his head in the 2nd photo...
  7. C

Low G Looking for a flat wound or polished low G thicker than 0.030”

Anyone knows of a polished or flat would low G thicker than 0.030”? Or a guitar D string? The next size up seems to be 0.035”, which is a little too thick. Appreciate any info. Thanks
  8. C

HMS podcast

Anyone knows what happened to their podcast? Last video was like a month back. Starting to have withdrawal symptoms! 😂
  9. C

Vintage Banjoleles

Wondering the guitar shops in London I came across these 2. I don’t know much about banjoleles except for the 2 famous names on each of them. They look so clean and ‘newish’ I wonder if many of the parts have been replaced.
  10. C

How Grand is that Romero Creations Grand Tenor size wise.

If you are like me and have always wondered how big the RC Grand Tenor is here are some photos. After watching so many videos of people commenting about the ’enlarged’ and deeper body here is a actual comparison. Both have the same scale length, just positioned slightly differently. It’s just a...
  11. C

Strings Nylon string recommendation

Hi everyone, I have been using fluorocarbon a lot and recently acquired a uke with nylon strings. They were d’addario titaniums. I find them too stiff and it makes playing a little harder. But I quite like the sound. Can anyone recommend some nylon strings that are not as stiff as those? I want...
  12. C

New Uke Day (NUD) NUD Godin Multiuke

Well actually it’s not entirely a NUD as these ukes have been discontinued for sometime. It’s more like a New Old Uke Day(NOUD). I have been looking for one of these for quite some months now and nearly bought one from the marketplace here a few months ago but at the last minute the seller...
  13. C

Kala Travel Baritone and solid body

These were really hard to find at one point in time. Seems like it’s been brought back again? I was looking for one but was never able to get one. I might just get one now that it’s back...
  14. C

My half day wandering in Tokyo

I had half a day off from work when I was travelling and decided to check out some ukulele shops in Tokyo city. Unfortunately due to time constraints it was all rather rush and I did not manage to cover as much as I wanted to. My first stop was Kiwaya. Took the train to Ueno station and it’s a...
  15. C

Misi vs LR baggs 5.0

Hi everyone, a Appreciate your thoughts as I am a noob with regards to this. Can anyone with experience on this share the pros and cons of each? Are they both active pickups? Thanks
  16. C

Help with song title

Hi, Anyone knows what song Corey is playing? Thanks
  17. C

Uke shop recommendation in Paris

Hi, Can anyone recommend some uke shops in Paris? I’ll be there on holiday and was hoping to see what’s available there. Thank you
  18. C

Help, Need to contact theukulelesite urgently.

Hi does anyone have a number to call theukulelesite urgently? I tried the number on their website but I think the office is closed for the weekend. I really need to get in touch with someone by today. I tried Andrew’s number but it goes to his voicemail. He says that the other guys have their...
  19. C

Info on Teton ukes

Anyone here owns a Teton, I have an eye on one of their baritone ukes but can’t seem to find any information on them. Even YouTube has very little videos of them. Mostly guitars. Appreciate any info on them. Thanks. I remember they use to make very cool looking solid body electric ukes quite a...
  20. C

Sound difference from different laminate body woods

I am really curious if a thin piece of laminate of different material for the same size, bracing and from the same brand uke would make much difference to the sound of a uke. Or is the sound difference we hear because the plywood that was used between 2 different ukes have slightly different...
Top Bottom