Search results

1. mikelz777

Price Drop Concert KoAloha Opio w/hard case and UPT tuners- like new!

With spring cleaning on my mind, I'm trying to winnow down my ukulele collection. This was a tough decision! This is my concert KoAloha Opio which I got directly from KoAloha. It's a great looking uke and sounds great but it's not getting the playing time that it deserves with 7 other ukes...
  2. mikelz777

Sold Shubb Lite L9 ukulele capo

The Shubb Lite L9 ukulele capo as pictured below in violet. This was an add-on to something else I was buying and described as new/old stock. I never used it and upon inspection it doesn't appear to have ever been used. This is priced 30% below the best price I found on the internet. PayPal...
  3. mikelz777

Lost - Where in the @%## is my Oasis humidifier refill kit?!?!

Don't you hate it when you lose something you need? :mad: This is just a rant because I am so annoyed! Several of my Oasis humidifiers need some more of the humigel filling so I figured it was no problem because I have (had) a refill kit. I keep it in my nightstand drawer and when I went to get...
  4. mikelz777

Oasis humidifier question.

It's still a bit too early but looking ahead to the near future when I'll need to humidify I'm testing out my Oasis humidifiers to make sure there are no leaks and that everything seems to be working OK. A couple of my humidifiers shrink and crumple up a lot faster than the others and I'm...
  5. mikelz777

Tabs/Chords Harvest Moon - Neil Young

Every chord sheet and tutorial I've seen for this song teaches it incorrectly. The main feature of this song is the hook/riff and everything I've seen teach that the riff is repeated after every line but if you listen to Young's performance of the song, the riff is only played after the 3rd and...
  6. mikelz777

Where did you buy your uke(s)?

Multiple sellers have come up in topics recently which got me to thinking about where I bought my ukes. I currently have 8 ukes and I'm not counting those I've bought and sold. Where did you buy your uke(s)? 3 - Mim [Kala solid spruce top, Ohana SK-30M long neck soprano, Ohana ltd.ed. solid...
  7. mikelz777

Musician's Gear concert ukulele hard case on sale!

As of this posting, Musician's Friend Musician's Gear concert ukulele hard case is on sale for $34.99! I have a couple of these and they are nice, definitely worth that sale price. I don't know how long the sale price will last but if you are in the market for a concert hard case I'd grab it now!
  8. mikelz777

NUD - Rebel Double Creme soprano from contest

First of all I wanted to thank the guys from Rebel for sponsoring such a fun and generous contest! I love the headstock shape and design. From a distance the face plate looks black but close up you can see a subtle grain pattern and the origami inspired inlay looks great. Rebel does it right...
  9. mikelz777

Would this cause anyone else stress?

Would this cause you stress? I think the only thing holding that A string in are the ukulele fairies! 😄 I'm waiting for that thing to blow every time I pick it up to tune up and play. That A string started out looking like the others but has since pulled out as you can see. This is one reason...
  10. mikelz777

NUD: Aiersi metal-bodied concert resonator.

Once upon a time I had money burning a hole in my pocket and my lustful eyes turned towards another ukulele. Vowing to only buy something if it were significantly different from what I already owned I bought myself a banjolele. The banjolele bark and sound were a bit too much for me and I ended...
  11. mikelz777

Interesting tracking update for uke shipped from China.

I got a tracking update for my ukulele being shipped from China. I was told that it had arrived at the Los Angeles port and was now waiting to clear customs. I confess that I'm not all that great at geography but I think that Los Angeles is a bit further north! 😄
  12. mikelz777

Movies that should have a sequel.

What movies out there do you think should have a sequel? My nominee would be Spy with Melissa McCarthy, Jude Law, Rose Byrne, Bobby Canavale, Jason Statham and Peter Serafinowicz among others. This movie is genuinely funny and it really hit the right notes and tone of a spy action-comedy. Maybe...
  13. mikelz777

International shipping tracking.

I have an order coming from China and, as expected, I was provided with an international tracking number. Once my package was boarded on the ship I was also provided with an ocean tracking number. What is an ocean tracking number and how do I track it? Does it pinpoint the location of the ship...
  14. mikelz777

Bruko ukuleles

I understand that Bruko ukuleles are made in Kitzingen, Germany. Do they have a physical store in Kitzingen or do they just do mail order business? Are Bruko ukuleles available in music stores in Germany?
  15. mikelz777

Has anyone ever ordered a uke off of Alibaba?

If so, what was your experience like? Did it work out OK? Was it a nightmare, never again experience? Somewhere in between?
  16. mikelz777

Feeling an itch - a concert resonator?

Ah spring, a season of change and seasonal allergies! Only this isn't something I'm feeling in my sinuses. I'm looking for thoughts, opinions and advice. I'm starting to feel that UAS itch again and a resonator is currently the source of that itch. This itch has a bit more going for it because a...
  17. mikelz777

String tie bridge beads.

For those of you who like them or are curious about them but maybe the pricing has held you back there is a great deal to be had on string tie bridge beads from various sellers on AliExpress. I just purchased two sets of twelve beads for less than $10.00 all-in! (Six ukes worth!) They are listed...
  18. mikelz777

Amazon/USPS tracking

I ordered a uke related item on Amazon that I will most likely be reporting on later and I'm guessing that the item is from overseas because it has been nearly a month and it has just recently finally shipped. (via Amazon) What's puzzling is the tracking provided by Amazon and USPS. According to...
  19. mikelz777

Have any sleeve shredder ukuleles?

I've had multiple shirts and sweaters with small holes, pulls and snags on the right sleeve and was wondering how it was happening. Then one day my sleeve literally got stuck on the bridge and I discovered that the little tail of the string at the bottom of the bridge was catching and abrading...
  20. mikelz777

Song books and what have you been putting in yours lately?

Today I was motivated to clear up some backlog and finalize a bunch of songs to put in my songbook. What I do as a routine is if I find a song I like or am curious about then I will bookmark it on my computer and place it in a folder I've labeled "music". (I currently have over 75 songs...
Top Bottom