Search results

1. Wiggy

Sunshine Go Away Today

Watching it on my computer screen.
  2. Wiggy

Mobile Amplifier - You May Already Be Driving One

The Aux In requires an active (battery-powered) EQ preamp with volume and tone controls. Many (most?) electric ukuleles have this. Use your normal EQ (tone control settings) but turn the ukulele Volume up to maximum. I do not have one with a truly passive (no battery or chargeable circuit)...
  3. Wiggy

Not a Self Promotion - A New Song Out by Mountain Goat

Jon Duncan has a new song that just blows me away. https://halfacow.bandcamp.com/ Album: This Wicked Ol' Line Song: Ariel Ramiriez (Downloadable in many formats.)
  4. Wiggy

The Underused Pinky

Yesterday I cut a [tiny] bit of the pad off the tip of my fretting middle finger. No big deal, but there went my callous. I need to not use it at all for a week or so as it heals. However our strum group has a "show" next Wednesday, so I started working out how to play while my finger is...
  5. Wiggy

Musician's Gear Concert Ukulele [Hard/Plywood] Case -$29

On sale again. A good, very serviceable, hard case: Ohana concerts, Lanikai concerts, and Flight TUC-55 all fit perfectly, but the aNueNue C-4 (being a bit wider) will not. I'm buying did buy another, dedicated to my Fight. Musician's Gear Concert Ukulele Case Black Item #712790000001000...
  6. Wiggy

Kanikapila - What to expect? What do I need to know?

kanikapila - a style of Hawaiian music produced in an impromptu jam session Has that been a topic for any of the UU Podcasts? It would be interesting to see a demonstration of how a "real jam" comes together showing what to expect. I am curious about how songs get started, and how it ebbs and...
  7. Wiggy

Compensated saddles: High g vs Low G

If a saddle is compensated for a high g string, what happens to intonation when it is fitted with a thicker/heavier low G?
  8. Wiggy

It finally bloomed! (aka: opened up)

Here's the story of my aNueNue C4. Nice looking, with just enough character. Solid cedar top. Budget-friendly at $229 (plus shipping). Notes: 7 Sep, 2023 - Strung for linear low G. It's very nice. Not loud per se, but is clear throughout the midrange. String-string balance is good. Low...
  9. Wiggy

Peculiar String Spacing at Nut - Lanikai CDST-x Series

These were purchased at 4 different times from 4 different places. They are all from the same series of a well-known brand. It seems odd that they are consistently "wrong" with the spacing. To be honest, I have never noticed it when playing any of them. It can be visually seen (and confirmed...
  10. Wiggy

Got Change in My Pocket Goin' Jing-a-Ling-a-Ling

Desperate for an all-solid mahogany concert. Both are at Mim's: Should I? CK-35S Or? CK-35CE I mostly care about their acoustic sound (I have several Ohanas so I know what to expect for feel, general nature, etc.), but do not have any electric concerts. An onboard tuner is mighty nice to...
  11. Wiggy

Houz-a person suppoz-a get anything done?

... with a cat name Gretzsky? Working on "Sealed With a Kiss" from the BB (296) and... well, he interrupted; no harm done. "... but darlin' you won't be there! ... and later, "knowing the love we'll miss." "... and seal it with a kiss." That (G-Am-Dm-E7-Am) just kills me.
  12. Wiggy

In Theaters Now - Recommendations

The Boys in the Boat PG-13 2023 ‧ Sport/Drama ‧ 2h 4m Comments: Great choice of actors and flow. Not "twisted." No gore. A feel-good movie.
  13. Wiggy

Daily Ukulele V3 - Coming...

I did a search for Daily Ukule V3 and this is what popped up: https://www.facebook.com/jimbeloffmusic/photos/a.300069596850252/1974449532745575/?type=3 I'm not an FB'r but will definitely be among the first to purchase when "Another Year" is released. The Beloff's are soliciting suggestions...
  14. Wiggy

24 Days of Christmas Movies: What Did You Watch Today?

You are only allowed one "notable" movie per day. What was it? 1 Dec, 2023 Christmas With the Kranks <edit> You do not have to play every day, only on those days (or the day after) you watch.
  15. Wiggy

Happy Thanksgiving!

Grandma's pies... yum.
  16. Wiggy

Multi-Use "Chameleon" Chords

Multi-use chords for those of us who like to play in the first position. Here's a sneak peek. Try playing: 4202, 1205 (yes, it's a stretch), then 2203 or 5455. -"Chameleon" chord 1: (It is a perfect D7s2.) Notes: A D E C gCEA chord shapes: 2204, or 5455 But in chords where some notes are...
  17. Wiggy

Closed Editor Does Not Support Tabs

Would it be possible to fix the editor so I can use a "tab" to space over? That would enable showing things in true tablature form.
  18. Wiggy

Banjo Picking On a Ukulele

This I would like to do, using the 4th string like a banjo's 5th to add a few pretty notes to set the pace in the background while others strum along. None of that "ants on a Tennessee anthill" stuff, just icing inside the cake. Note: it does not have to be a banjo uke, but certainly could be...
  19. Wiggy

Wanted Johnny Rector's Modern Guitar Vol. 1 - Sheet music Bok

I'm looking for a copy of Johnny Rector's Modern Guitar Chord Progressions for the Spanish Guitar Volume 1 (1956 Sheet Music) It has a yellow cover. I'll pay (PayPal or check) $10 + USPS book rate shipping. I have Vol.2 (red cover) and find it useful.
  20. Wiggy

Ceiling Fans and "Leslie" Effect

Does this bother anyone else? The sonic flutter makes it nearly impossible to tune my instruments. When playing, it creates a not-so-subtle high-speed wah effect for the uke and the voice. When I seriously want to play and listen, I have to turn it off. (I have one in every room in the...
Top Bottom