Search results

1. Wiggy

How large is your Ukeverse?

This is my one and only "social" media. I happily attend two strum-a-longs; one is once per week, the other once per month. I spend about 1 to 1-1/2 total hours a day (in many small fragments) running through songs I want to be better at, or want to introduce to others. I very rarely miss a day.
  2. Wiggy

Does the Key of D “suit” my high-G soprano uke or is it just my imagination?

I'm going out on a twig: Perhaps some chords are generally easier to form in some keys. The harder ones may require more force (pressing too hard), or weird angles that take more effort and cause sideways "bending" of strings as LorenFL noted. In my case, I sing better in A vs G as I rarely...
  3. Wiggy

birds and ships

In searching for the lyrics, I found this site: https://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/
  4. Wiggy

Post your random pictures

In my backyard... we all carry a heavy load.
  5. Wiggy

Tax Time Again!

Yes.
  6. Wiggy

Beginner - Uke Troubleshoot

Try this, as it will give a reference tone for each string. Then, as suggested^, find the "C" (chromatic) setting on your tuner. https://ukebuddy.com/ukulele-tuner
  7. Wiggy

New jumbo body concert from CARAMEL🤔

Why, I oughta! Watch :30
  8. Wiggy

Yes, the advertisement text is a bit disingenuous: "-Unique Design - Exclusively to the Caramel" But it is no different from any other advertising. Hang loose for about a week, while we each give them the going-over. We should have nearly simultaneous, but unique, opinions of it.
  9. Wiggy

The lower bout has to be wider than the description states: Dimensions (overall) LxWxH 24.3 x 8(?) x 2.7 inches It joins at the 14th fret. The body is not longer, so it has to be wider. It will reveal itself upon arrival...
  10. Wiggy

rechargeable electronic clip-on tuners

This looks interesting. Simply chromatic with a small "strobe-like" display. Propriety USB charging cable, though --> don't lose it...
  11. Wiggy

Do I cut my losses? (Unsatisfactory customized ukuleles)

On several(!) occasions I dived into string changes to make it sound good, made adjustments to the nut, and filed fret ends to make an instrument playable, thus voiding any possibility of returning the danged things. My bull-headed "I can fix most anything" while hoping "it will get better...
  12. Wiggy

I must confess: The White Curly Maple arrives next Friday, the 19th. I did this because the last two purchases I made turned out to be... "bad" choices. (In both cases, got a bit out of my lane and was disappointed.) I own several Caramels and confident this one will be "A Charm." "B sides,"...
  13. Wiggy

Put this in Amazon's search bar. All the wood choices will be there: Caramel CAG64 Glossy White Curly Maple 23" Concert Ukulele for Beginner | Handmade Ukelele Starter Kit
  14. Wiggy

The CB305 is actually clear as a bell. Bold, but not boomy. Strings #4 and #3 are D'addarario nylon wounds. The trebles are Aquila New Nylguts. This jumbo concert is all solid, huh? Hmm... I would be happy with just a solid top. <edit 16-Apr> If you zoom in on the Maple's soundhole edge you...
  15. Wiggy

Jdterlaje, please post a "New Uke Day" after you've checked it out. Include pics! The PVC veneer headstock is unusual. I like the Maple. The top must be laminate, as Caramel usually states "solid" when it is. Hey, it's $100. Caramel has done some "short runs" of nice ukes before, notably...
  16. Wiggy

Season 634 - Love Your Larynx!

Jack Johnson on helium? Loved it!
  17. Wiggy

Loudest soprano

This is the way I feel about the (sop-scale) VK-70R Vita-Uke. Bought it on 11 Jan, 2021, and still play it. I love it to death, but it sounds more "rawk" than string quartet. It does grow on you. From my notes: "If you slap it, it will slap you back. If you're nice, it is nice." <edit> I...
  18. Wiggy

SOTU 635: Castles

Go ask Alice about when the men on the chessboard get up and tell you where to go. I think she'll know.
  19. Wiggy

Strumming with the thumb

Introducing a forefinger upstroke with the thumb: (If you want, try using thumb for down strum and forefinger for up.)
  20. Wiggy

Tiny Tim and Miles Davis?

Well, I'll be a gray four-eyed 'possum! (And, I ain't afraid of no poisonous snakes.)
Top Bottom