Search results

1. bbycrts

It's International Day of the PoHo

On this day in 2009 the PoHo thread(s) began. Officially titled "::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead (Chapter xx)" The Post Whores of UU began their run of epic threads. We mostly post over in the UU Discord now but there's still a trickle in the current chapter here (Chapter 23!). This...
  2. bbycrts

WTS 3 ukes - Lanikai O-8, Mainland cedar soprano (upgr with UPT), Kala pocket travel

EDIT - The Pocket Uke is sold! The Mainland is sold! Several people have asked - yes! PayPal is actually my preferred way to go! I have three ukuleles to sell - all of them barely played and still in excellent condition. I have a custom uke that's really all I play any more, so these have been...
  3. bbycrts

NUD - Lanikai O-8 from Mim!

I don't have pics - I'm at work and the baby (my new Lanikai O-8) is at home. It is wonderful, and the setup from Mim is, too! But the main message I have - SHE HAS TWO LEFT ON HER EBAY SITE! The Lanikai is an awesome 8-string, solid spruce top, ovangkol laminate top and sides uke. I am in...
  4. bbycrts

Eleuke Peanut, includes gigbag

TO BE HONEST I never played this uke through an amp. It was a quiet practice uke that I could fiddle with while watching TV so nobody would be irritated. But I need to sell it to fund a new arrival. Uke in, uke out, you know? It was set up professionally by a well-known and loved ukulele...
  5. bbycrts

The Dolphin hype?

I don't know... I have a custom but wanted something cheap to kick around and enjoy in harsher environments. So I got a dolphin, mostly based on things I've read around here. My thoughts? Well...I tried new strings, tweaked the tuners, polished the frets and the thing still sounds like a...
  6. bbycrts

He won't post it himself so I will

Hey everybody - There's a ukulele player out there who exhibits more joy and passion in his instrument than anybody else I know. He would admit he's not a Jake-level player, and he's no Josh Groban in his singing... ...but his infectious glee and sense of humor make him my very favorite...
  7. bbycrts

New custom uke day (okay...it came Thursday)

It's hard to take your hands off a new uke to post the obligatory thread, but after a couple days I finally can... I'm sure many have followed Brad Donaldson's build thread in the Luthier's Lounge, but I now have the finished product and I couldn't be happier! I'd actually considered having...
  8. bbycrts

Kanile'a K1-S - Lovely Soprano!

SOLD and ON ITS WAY to SOCAL! This is my baby, and it has been babied! I don't know that you'll find a scratch on it - maybe a few here and there, but it is in 99+ percent condition. I have changed a couple things - it has Worth Clear strings instead of the Aquilas it came with and I changed...
  9. bbycrts

UU promotional cards?

Hi guys - So about three times this weekend I found myself writing UU's website down on cards or slips of paper for people to encourage them to come on over and check it out. I thought about doing business cards that I can just hand out in the past, but needed to respect the copyright on...
  10. bbycrts

FS: Eleuke Concert Mahogany 100 series - WITH RACING STRIPE! - Low G - $230 shipped

SOLD! Eleuke has recently simplified their mahogany 100 series ukes - no more stripe down the center! Not so with this one! I have learned that I'm just not an electric instrument guy, so I'm selling my virtually new Eleuke 100 series Concert Mahogany. This was one of the last made with the...
  11. bbycrts

Anybody home brew?

I received a "Mr. Beer" home brewing kit for Christmas from my wife's grandma (that's a COOL grandma!). I just bottled my first batch of pale ale (not my favorite, but it's what came with the kit). I sampled it - not bad, definitely not finished, of course. I'm excited to try different...
  12. bbycrts

Lanikai LK-1S - solid Koa soprano, built in Hawaii by Kanile'a

PRICE REDUCED! Back story - I have two favorite ukes which, for all practical purposes, are virtually identical. One is my treasured Kanile'a K-1S, the other is this one, the Lanikai LK-1S. Honestly, the Lanikai is the prettier of the two, but the Kanile'a has my sentimental vote, as it was...
  13. bbycrts

Serious Bushman opinions sought - no flames, please

Okay, I titled this "no flames, please" because the subject of my question is Bushman. Things have gotten heated a couple times when talking about Bushman the company, yet their website has a deal right now that is what I'm interested in at a very good price. I know that Bushman ukes are quite...
  14. bbycrts

Ukes in cartoons!

The kids and I watched "The Princess and the Frog" this evening. The prince in the movie (before he's frogified) is a uke player - quite a good one, too. He comes to New Orleans and is so excited to be in the home of jazz and plays his uke along whenever he can...though at one point he gives...
  15. bbycrts

Hobbit Sighting

My Niece tagged me in a picture she took today in Seattle: I said, "I bet I know who that is...he goes by Howling Hobbit on UU. He plays uke in Pioneer Square in Seattle." She said, "There was a guy playing ukulele there!" I described him - that's who she saw! She said she and her friend...
  16. bbycrts

New NAMM stuff on manufacturers' websites?

Patience may not be one of my virtues. Having seen the great coverage of NAMM by Aldrine and Aaron and all the others here who have thrown up videos and pictures... When are the manufacturers going to update their websites with information about their new products??? I've been going to Kala...
  17. bbycrts

Change to UU logo?

I'm curious about this...why did the UU logo change the style of the text in the word "Underground"? I loved the old style where it looked like soil under the grass and vines that are growing through the upper part... No complaints...I just preferred the old style! (please move this as needed...
  18. bbycrts

Repping the UU!

Never mind.
  19. bbycrts

Yikes! Anybody want to buy my Kanilea K1-C?

SOLD! I have been bitten by UAS and a desire for a soprano rather than my current Kanile'a K1-C. I have found the uke I want - but I have to sell the current Kanile'a concert first - and quickly if I want to be able to jump on the soprano. Here's what it is: Kanile'a K1-C, built in February...
  20. bbycrts

I have it bad...

Following a class at our corporate office, as I was riding the elevator down to exit the building, I looked at the walls of the elevator. Hmmm...nice ribbon-grained mahogany. I bet that would build a nice ukulele! Anybody else look at things in their environment and wonder what they would...
Top Bottom