Search results

1. PeteyHoudini

Why Ukulele?

Why do we do it? I’m a long-termer uke player. Why do we do it?
  2. PeteyHoudini

UKE Magazine is very cool and looking back

Hi Gang, I’ve subscribed to the UK’s Ukulele Magazine since issue #13 and I’m from Canada. haha. It’s now at issue #29. I’m a big fan. I luv their international coverage and fantastic articles. Luv their great British humour. I recently got all my issues together and I am mining them for...
  3. PeteyHoudini

Mele Kalikimaka 2021

cheers!
  4. PeteyHoudini

New Uke Blog Post about George Formby 2017 Convention

Just updating my blog about my George Formby Convention trip to Blackpool in 2017! There is even some live video of the players on stage. https://peterforrest.ca/2021/11/09/blackpool2017/
  5. PeteyHoudini

Uke Spotting in NCIS Hawaii

I just got a season pass on iTunes for NCIS Hawaii. Just watched the pilot last night. There is a scene where one of the characters goes to visit his father and there is a ukulele prominently featured and he picks it up. They show the headstock for a second or two but I couldn't figure out...
  6. PeteyHoudini

Tiny Tim: King for a Day

A new bio pic going to film fests. Sorry if this was already posted.
  7. PeteyHoudini

Completely Useless Ukulele Tip # 13: Two String Blues

Hey gang, I just did my 13th tip. A bit of blues during the Covid blues. Petey
  8. PeteyHoudini

Drinking Bird (1970s nostalgia)

Hey gang, I hope you are all safe and this virus stuff is driving me bananas so I did a video of my new pet, a "Drinking Bird" today to cheer me up. hehe See you on the other side of this virus! Petey
  9. PeteyHoudini

It's Back! Completely Useless Ukulele Tips

Hey gang, We've all had a rough go at this virus stuff the past few months. I'm at home and it's getting to me a lot lately. I'm been mainly working on setting up my WordPress blog but I decided to get my useless uke tips going again to cheer up some uke players. A new tip came to my mind the...
  10. PeteyHoudini

Ukulele Beatles Tour in Hamburg, Germany

Hey Gang, This is my final useless ukulele tip in my series, but it's more about the fun Ukulele Beatles tour in Hamburg that I did and not a technical tip on the uke. I've always loved the Beatles and I've been waiting for years to go to Hamburg and do this uke tour. It was fun and I...
  11. PeteyHoudini

Completely Useless Ukulele Tip # 9: The One Finger Virtuoso

My latest uke tip! Summer's here! Petey
  12. PeteyHoudini

Completely Useless Ukulele Tip # 8: Gettin' Snared...

Just did another Useless Ukulele tip # 8. I'm getting back in the uke saddle this summer for my vids! This was a quick banjolele tip that I stumbled across. Probably not new for most banjo players. Cheerio! Pete
  13. PeteyHoudini

Martin OX Uke Bamboo (natural) - soprano REVIEW

Hey gang! Been laying low for the past year (uke-wise), but I'm trying to make an appearance again as the series Hawaii 5-0 goes into season 9!!! hehe I think Jerry, the conspiracy guy is the best! hehe Anyway, many ukesters have been hounding me the last year that I do my review of the...
  14. PeteyHoudini

Ukulele Ray RIP

I heard Ukulele Ray has died. Is this fake news or true? https://www.facebook.com/oliviatosic/posts/10211571054532329 Petey
  15. PeteyHoudini

Completely Useless Ukulele Tip # 7: It Blows, literally from the planet Mars! hehe

Hey gang, Here is my latest useless uke tip possibly invented by Roy Smeck on the uke. I am now the first official uke player to play from the planet Mars! ;-) Sorry Bradbury... the Martians Chronicles missed the uke! ;-) hehe Petey
  16. PeteyHoudini

Completely Useless Ukulele Tip #6: Ronin

Completely Useless Ukulele Tip #6: Ronin I have a guest in this video! Petey
  17. PeteyHoudini

Completely Useless Ukulele Tip #5: Funk-Diddley

This useless tip was requested by a viewer to show how I was playing funk in tip #2. hehe I realized that is "Funk-Diddley." hehe Petey
  18. PeteyHoudini

Completely Useless Ukulele Tip #4: The World's Worst Sounding Chord

Hey gang, here's #4 of useless tips. The World's Worst Sounding Chord... basically how to remove fingers from a chord for songwriting purposes but in this case... it backfires! hehe Petey
  19. PeteyHoudini

Completely Useless Ukulele Tip #3: Zombie Slides

Tip#3 shows how to do zombie slides... sliding a chord up the neck for an effect like zombies mumbling, bumbling. Petey
  20. PeteyHoudini

Completely Useless Ukulele Tips (series) - Tip #2

Hey gang, I just started my Completely Useless Ukulele Tips (series). They are things that I've run across on the ukulele that might be useful, but interesting no less. Tip#2 cheers, PeteyHoudini
Top Bottom