Search results

1. Barbablanca

Season 630

Welcome to Season 630 I am posting this a little early this Season, because the opening hour for the season coincides with my wife's best friend's 60th birthday party tonight and so I don't know whether I will be able to post at the usual time that I would when hosting. Please don't post...
  2. Barbablanca

Season 587

(or How I met my wife, husband, lover or significant other...) Hi there and welcome to Season 587, As in my last hosting, the theme for this week was inspired by the number of the Season. In my case the number "87" has a huge significance for me, since it was in 1987 that I met "la company de...
  3. Barbablanca

Season 580 "69 & 70"

Hi there and welcome to Season 580 of the Ukulele. I am afraid it has been a sad few days for us: my father-in-law, who had been suffering from Alzheimer's disease for the last three years, died on Wednesday and we have been very busy with funeral arrangements etc. since then. To make matters...
  4. Barbablanca

Season 518 - Eire

Fáilte! Welcome to Season 518. The theme for this week is dear to my heart... it's Ireland. As some of you may know I was born in Liverpool, England (the home town of the Beatles), but I come from a family with deep Irish roots. My paternal grandparents were both from Ireland (from Dublin and...
  5. Barbablanca

SOTU 476 "All You Need is Love" or.....

or "What's so Funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?" On Wednesday of this week, I will be 67... the same age the last century was when I became a teenager. It was also the year that the Hippy Movement went from being an Underground Movement to an open challenge to "straight" society...
  6. Barbablanca

Season 454 - Epiphany (or a sudden great change) + J.M.

Welcome to Season 454 I am not going to go for the obvious choice of songs about Halloween, or witches, zombies, etc. this week. No, instead I am going for a more transformational theme. Now, as usual with my Seasons, there will be two themes, one for the songwriters and one for those who...
  7. Barbablanca

Iceberg Ahead....

Hi all, have we reached a definitive decision about alternative hosting for when the Forum hits the predicted iceberg? Many of us have tried the two proposed alternatives, Reddit and the Other one... But no-one seemed very enthusiastic about either of them. And they both lack certain...
  8. Barbablanca

Season 406 "The Right to Reply / Setting the record straight"

Sorry, NO INTRO VIDEO this week. The lunchtime birthday party I went to earlier went on longer than I expected. As usual when I host, I want to encourage people to write songs. I especially want to encourage those who haven't written a song to do so this week. If your entry (ies) is (are) your...
  9. Barbablanca

Any Good Subtitling Programmes out there?

Microsoft Movie Maker was basic, but so simple to use, and so easy to subtitle lyrics on that it hes been the main tool I have used for my 300+ contributions to the Seasons of the Ukulele. Now Microsoft have decided to no longer support MM and my programme has started to go haywire. I have...
  10. Barbablanca

YouTube View Counter gone?

YouTube seem to be forever changing their formats, etc. Now I notice that my Home Page no longer shows how many total views my Channel has had. Is this just me? Have I clicked something I shouldn't have? Or is this general?
  11. Barbablanca

Not so much a suggestion as a question

and that question is: How the heck do you recover your password? Hi there, I have a friend who joined the forum some time back. He didn't contribute much, but this week he wanted to post a song to the Seasons of the Ukulele thread. However, he had forgotten the password he used and so he...
  12. Barbablanca

Season 250 Private but Universal

For 250 I shall be asking you to write songs WITH LYRICS (or record a new version of a song you have written) that are highly personal, but which manage to somehow become universal. Many of Dylan or Joni Mitchell's songs have that quality. They are songs in which the performer describes...
  13. Barbablanca

IN ANTICIPATION of Season 250

Hi there, This is not the Season 250 thread. This is just a note to tell you what the theme for 250 will be. I have cleared the publishing of this early with the current season host, Rick. (And tested the waters about the idea first on an open thread in the Seasons discussion forum). For 250 I...
  14. Barbablanca

Breaking Seasons' Convention???

Hi all, I'll be hosting Season 250 in two week's time and I was wondering what people thought about the idea of me announcing the theme two weeks early. The reason I want to do this is to give people more time to come up with something for the theme I have in mind. So, do you feel this would...
  15. Barbablanca

Seagull Merlin anybody?

Hi all, I have just acquired a cute variation on the strum-stick. It's a Merlin made by the Canadian Guitar Maker "Seagull". It's a fun instrument that has the same "can't put it down" quality our beloved uke has (without the possibility of doing bum notes ;) ) This is the first song I have...
  16. Barbablanca

Lyrics that move you

Didn't really know which board to put this on, but I am interested in learning what lines (or whole verses) in songs particularly move you. I'll kick off with the most powerful three words in any song I know. It is the last line in a verse from "Hello, in there!" a song by John Prine. The...
  17. Barbablanca

Berni's band have a new album on Spotify

Hi all, My band (The Saturday Blues Project) has a new album with quite a bit of ukulele work by yours truly now available on Spotify (and to purchase in electronic format on several sites). It also includes a song that is a collaboration between Mike Flaherty (regular Seasonista) and myself...
  18. Barbablanca

Barbablanca's Band (The Saturday Blues Project) has a new album on Spotify

Hi all, Our new album with quite a bit of ukulele work by yours truly is now available on Spotify (and to purchase in electronic format on several sites). It also includes a song that is a collaboration between Mike Flaherty (regular Seasonista) and myself called "Another Melancholy Day" Give...
  19. Barbablanca

Season 151 Break ups & their aftermath

Welcome to Season 151. I hope you all watch the intro video; but for those who don't, here is a summary of my plans for the season. If you are going to watch the video stop reading now SPOILERS! THEME: “Breaking up is hard to do” (Aftermath). Like the Green Manalishi's crown, this is a...
  20. Barbablanca

Our Blues Band's First CD

The following link will take you to where you can hear (and even buy, if you want to support our efforts fully) our first album. "The First Sip". The album features several track on which I play Ukulele and comprises all original songs by the band: "The Saturday Blues Project" The lyrics to...
Top Bottom