Search results

1. keonepax

Defying Gravity (from the musical "Wicked")

I was blown away when I saw "Wicked" on Broadway several years ago. Been wanting to give "Defying Gravity" a shot. If you know this song, you know the big finish, but since I can't sing like Idina Menzel, I simplified the ending a bit. Hope you like my rendition! :) I'm really looking...
  2. keonepax

Swinging the Alphabet (the Three Stooges)

If you enjoyed watching the Three Stooges as a kid like I did, you might remember this cute little song. I tried teaching it to my granddaughter Lulu a couple years ago as we were riding around in a car in Hawaii, and she learned it quickly and still remembers it. We're both on vacation from...
  3. keonepax

Bluebird (Paul McCartney and Wings)

Hope you like my rendition of this pretty song from McCartney's "Band on the Run" album, which celebrated its 50th anniversary this past December! I'd also like to share a video I took of a mejiro enjoying our Japanese andromeda plant.
  4. keonepax

Mama (Country Comfort)

Country Comfort was one of the groups in a burgeoning contemporary music scene in Hawaii in the latter half of the '70s. I never saw the group perform live or on TV, and I don't know if any video exists of them playing or jamming, but I liked their songs. Hope you like my rendition of this...
  5. keonepax

Waimanalo Blues (Country Comfort)

There's one part of the song where I'm not sure what the correct lyrics are. I sang: "Birds on the winds forgettin' they're wild..." Subsequent to posting the video, I saw a video in which Liko Martin, one of the songwriters, sings "birds on the wing," so I regret singing the wrong word, but...
  6. keonepax

Do Wah Diddy Diddy (Manfred Mann)

A big hit from 1964. Hope you like my rendition!
  7. keonepax

Love Me With All Your Heart (the Ray Charles singers)

Hope you like my rendition of this 1964 hit by the Ray Charles singers:
  8. keonepax

I Like It (Gerry and the Pacemakers)

This is the fifth Gerry and the Pacemakers tune that I've covered on YouTube. Hope you like it!
  9. keonepax

paxukulele review 2022-2023

I haven't been able to record anything new due to a bad cold that doesn't seem to want to go away, but I used the time to compile excerpts from many of my videos from the past couple of years. My output was drastically down this past year, but I'm determined to make 2024 a productive year. If...
  10. keonepax

ukulele tribute to music stars we lost in 2023

Love working on these tributes... just a small token of thanks to the artists who all great music that filled our lives.
  11. keonepax

Photograph (Ringo Starr)

My favorite Ringo song post-Beatles. He co-wrote this song with George Harrison and it reached Number One on Billboard 50 years ago. Hope you like my rendition..
  12. keonepax

Ii Hi Tabidachi (Momoe Yamaguchi)

I'm always worried that my poor Japanese will be evident when I try a Japanese song, but I wanted to give this song a shot as a tribute to the songwriter, Shinji Tanimura, who passed away last month. Hope you like my rendition:
  13. keonepax

Sabbath Prayer (from "Fiddler on the Roof")

It's so sad what's happening now. Hope the senseless violence ends soon.
  14. keonepax

Cheri (Peter Moon Band)

Hope you like my rendition!
  15. keonepax

Michelle (the Beatles)

Hope you like my rendition! :)
  16. keonepax

Here, There and Everywhere (the Beatles)

If I could steal authorship of one of the Beatles' songs, it would probably be this one. I love this song and it's probably my favorite Beatles song. Hope you like my rendition:
  17. keonepax

Eggplant (Michael Franks)

Michael Franks combines soft jazz and great lyrics. I love his "The Art of Tea" album, and this is the third song from that album that I've attempted. Hope you like it!
  18. keonepax

Maui Waltz

This one is for Maui.
  19. keonepax

Little Lies (Fleetwood Mac)

One of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs, this one from 1987. Hope you like my rendition!
  20. keonepax

Candida (Tony Orlando and Dawn)

This was the first big hit for Tony Orlando and Dawn, reaching Number 3 on the Billboard chart in 1970. Hope you like my rendition!
Top Bottom