Search results

1. Nickie

Out of Town

Hey gang, I'll be out of town, out of touch for a little while. At least I'm traveling with another uker.... I'll post upon my return.
  2. Nickie

Tommy Emmanuel

Is my favorite guitar picker. HE's amazed me even more, I just found out he created a charity called Guitars for Veterans.
  3. Nickie

Really great Christmas present!

This was one of the most useful and fun gifts I've ever received. At first, I wasn't quite sure how to take it, but she insists she wants me to play Christmas songs next year. My wife hid enough tuition money for ten violin lessons in a stocking (which she knitted herself) in my fiddle case. I...
  4. Nickie

NUD

This little LoPrinzi soprano was won in a raffle by yours truly today in a TBUS Christmas party. There were 95 ukers crowded in the room!
  5. Nickie

Concert Holiday Lights Concert

I almost forgot to let you know....come to Holiday Lights in the Botanical Gardens, Largo FL, enjoy the lights and hear us, the Ladies of Uke, perform. 6 to 9 pm, Sunday December 3rd.
  6. Nickie

Song Help Request Lost: Tablature for Greensleeves

Or, "What Child Is This", I had the tabs for it, I've looked everywhere and can't find them, can anyone provide them for hi G tuning please?
  7. Nickie

Workshop Christmas Carol song circle/workshop

I designed this holiday caroling song circle workshop mainly for my beginners. But if you live closeby, and even if you're not a beginner, please feel free to show up. You won't need anything but your tuned up voice and ukulele. Here's a link. You don't have to be a member of TBUS Holiday caroling
  8. Nickie

Food allergies?

Well, I found out that I'd make a lousy Hawaiian. I don't eat pineapple because I don't like the taste. However, at a luau the other night, I got hold of some food that was laced with it. I could smell pineapple all over the place, but couldn't see or taste it. A few hours later, at home, I was...
  9. Nickie

How long will you wait?

How long will you wait for a custom built ukulele?
  10. Nickie

New fiddle day

Just bought this last evening, from a friend who I met here on UU. It's a student violin, came with this neat composite bow, real hair, a cool case, shoulder rest and even a cake of black resin. I can't play it yet, but i did learn to pluck a scale today.
  11. Nickie

NUD

Picked this up last night. It doesn't have any frets, but the seller said I won't need 'em. Haven't figured out where to put strap buttons yet, nor what to do with the long stick with some blond hair stuck to it....
  12. Nickie

a mishap

Alida Duchene, uker and amazing volunteer at Tampa's WMNF 88.5 FM broke a hip last Thursday, and is at home recuperating. Please send her positive thoughts, good vibes, healing energy, or prayers....if that is what you do. Thanks.
  13. Nickie

Cookies

The site says I have to load cookies before I can open mu inbox. How do I do that?
  14. Nickie

Song Help Request Looking for some "Octoberfest" type songs

Does anyone know of any that could work for ukulele? The only one I know of is Roll Out the Barrel. Polka? Oompa style?
  15. Nickie

Ukulele Kids Club

Is now up to 15,000 ukes donated to sick kids! The Ladies of Uke just made a donation. Will you?
  16. Nickie

TBUS's MUM summer camps

Well, the third of three public library uke summer camps for kids ages 7-12 is done! We graduated anywhere from 15 to 18 kids each week. (We started out with 20 to 25 each week, but there was attrition), two bowed out today because of Covid. Each class was 90 minutes long, the last day the kids...
  17. Nickie

Roadie 3 tuner

Has anyone tried one of these? Tuner
  18. Nickie

Concert/tenor hybrid ukulele

The video is at the bottom. This scale fascinates me! Tyde Ukuleles
  19. Nickie

James Hill's teacher certification

Has anyone done this? I wanna do it. It starts today. However, my car broke down twice in the last two weeks, so I don't have the funds for it just now. I should have plenty of time till the next classes, but maybe some of you can tell me more.....
  20. Nickie

Lets send....

our positive thought, healing energy, or prayers to Linda O. She used to post her videos of herself playing ukulele instrumentals here. She and I email back and forth periodically, she's in New York. She has a couple of pretty dire health issues. Thank you all!
Top Bottom