Search results

1. TCK

Season 597- PHOTOSYNTHESIS

Or as my tiniest of scientists say, "photosimphisis". In any event, this week is all about plants! Now I know we did trees way back in 278, and we recently we covered fruits and berries, but where does that leave us that know grazing in the grass is a gas (can you dig it)? Well, here ya go. Any...
  2. TCK

SEASON 556- 1972

50 Years ago the world was a very different place. We didn't have online ukulele forums or cell phones for starters. No microwave ovens...and those of us around back then have seen the rise and demise of things like the VHS and DVD, and the CD...those things were coming as Intel was developing...
  3. TCK

Season 546...can we revisit Season 54?

Allow me to explain. Many years ago your host took up two new hobbies, in a sea of hobbies, that seem to have stuck. One was playing the Ukulele, and the other was handling birds of prey who are educational ambassadors at The Sonoma County Bird Rescue Center. (if you are so inclined, we do what...
  4. TCK

Season 540- PUNKS NOT DEAD

First, an introduction to a very special place in Petaluma, The Phoenix Theater. Kind of a cool all ages club now, it has been around since the early 1900’s, and at least during my lifetime the Sonoma County venue for Punk Rock shows. When we were “kids” (some thirty years ago in college), I...
  5. TCK

SEASON 504- Music as an empathetic friend

Hello everyone! October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month, which should clue you in to what the title means here. I would like us to make a playlist for survivors of domestic violence this week in support of the programs offered through the Sonoma County YWCA. For every song that you folks...
  6. TCK

Season 301 of the Ukulele- Stay all night, Stay a little longer.

Howdy folks, it's me again. Gather 'round friends, why hurry... No video (again) because you folks get to see PLENTY of me. This week we are all going to nod, should we choose, toward my FAVORITE genre of music, Western Swing! I can't believe I have hosted ten seasons before I trotted this out...
  7. TCK

Season 297 of the Ukulele- School days

Hello fellow ukers, no video for this week (because no one wants to have to watch me more than they have to watch me), but I have a request for you fine folks. Little background. Sure you have all seen on the news what is happening here in Sonoma County and surrounding areas- none of it is...
  8. TCK

Season 273 is going to the dogs....

I am that guy who wakes up Saturday at 8 AM and wants to see what the new season will bring, so I am posting a little early because my Saturdays are spent with a red-tailed hawk on my arm and she is lousy at making intro videos. So am I, but I made this for you all.... I was so over-joyed in my...
  9. TCK

Season 261 of the Ukulele.

I highlighted in blue for the cliff notes version...and I am not making a video of me rambling on forever as I tend to do. <TCK>Forgive me father, it has been 138 seasons since my last confession… Most of you will scoff, but I am actually pretty shy (depending on my beer intake) and really very...
  10. TCK

Season 122 of the Ukulele

Season 122 of the Ukulele. Tribute. My Favorite part of the seasons has always been watching all of you play songs for us. I have laughed, I have learned, and I have made a lot of friends here (heck- I have even met some of you!)…never a dull moment around here. So this week I wanted to...
  11. TCK

Season 87 of the Ukulele- HAPPY HOUR!

Back in the old days, we used to post the new season on Saturday morning. Somewhere along the line that got moved to Sunday, and I am sure there is an "official rule" somewhere about when you gotta post your vids- Well, I ain't gonna be around tomorrow so here we go with the theme, and since it...
  12. TCK

Feelin' good again- Robert Earl Keen

Played my guts out on this one...and I know it ain't great, but I love it. Figured I would share it because I was proud of it, and it didn't get near the views I wanted- Yeah, I am going to be like that! :) Cherry Reso from the folks up in Washington Thanks for watching folks
  13. TCK

Season 54 of the Ukulele

And away we go! Just got back from Raptor handling class and I am ready to host away on Season 54- this one is for the birds! OK- here this is: For those of you who like readin' better than watchin', here it is in text: Season 54 of the Ukulele Play me a song about BIRDS! Birds literally, birds...
  14. TCK

So, the Owl lives here now.

I know I promised to only post videos in this section and the seasons if I was proud of them. While not particularly proud of this video for it's musicianship and finesse (read panache and grab your white feathered hat)...I AM SO STOKED I GOT THE OWL IT AIN'T EVEN FUNNY. So leave me a...
  15. TCK

Billy Bragg-Boy Done Good

I forgot to throw this one over here, but it is one of my favorite tunes. I did it for season 33...as an homage to those of us who were never very good at sports, and paid dearly for it. Oh well- we all turned out in the end. Billy Bragg and Johnny Marr (Smiths) did the original- hard to mess...
  16. TCK

You left all the water running, Cloverdale style

I figure I will only put videos here as well as the season threads if I am particularly proud of them. This is one of those. First time I have gotten to play with the wife in months, learned the song in minutes, goofy dog didn't help... but I kind of love this one. Hope it makes y'all smile
  17. TCK

Sub-thread suggestion

I play in the seasons, and I am pretty sure everyone is aware of how much activity there tends to be on a seasons thread. In any event-looking at the contest board, I am noticing that other contests are typically buried by that activity, and might be hard for folks to find if they were to be...
  18. TCK

Too much Monkey Business

Posted in the seasons...I promise to only post the ones I am really really fond of here as well. Me and my new uke figuring each other out
  19. TCK

My new uke would like to play you all a song....

OK, it is HERE!!! Now, mind you, it's strings are still stretching and it is fresh out of the box-but I am ridiculously enamored of it. It goes out of tune in the song...who cares? I am a hack anyway- but this... Yeah, it makes me smile. Here's to hoping it does the same for you Cheers TCK...
  20. TCK

99 dreams I have had...every one a red balloon

Yeah- now get over to season 29 and do your thing. Thanks for watching ;) This video is entirely for Eric- thanks for all the inspiration mate
Top Bottom