Search results

1. Arik

NUD: Anuenue LOUT Lion

Hi all. UAS has gotten the best of me and I ordered an Anuenue LOUT Lion from World of Ukes (WOU). I have been eyeballing this uke for a few years now and rationalized my purchase to the fact that I didn’t have a slot-head ukulele. The LOUT Lion has a cedar top (stained orange) and Koa back and...
  2. Arik

Comparing X-bracing with Fan-bracing

Hi all. I went down a uke bracing rabbit hole yesterday and stumbled on an interesting video by World of Ukes comparing X-bracing vs Fan-bracing from the same builder. Really interesting to hear the differences in sound. It's a real apples-to-apples comparison. I wasn't always sure how much of a...
  3. Arik

Missing or Stolen Kanile'a K2 tenor? San Francisco Bay Area

Hi all, I live in the bay area and saw a Kanile'a K2 for sale on craigslist. Selling for $180 with an ABS crossrock case. Really looks suspect to me. This could be legit but I highly doubt it. Is anyone from the Bay Area missing this...
  4. Arik

Import taxes from UK to US

Hi all. Anyone buy a uke from UK (SUS or WOU). I was wondering about import taxes and how much they would be. Saw on another forum that sometimes you get taxed and sometimes you don't. I am located in San Francisco. Thanks in advance
  5. Arik

NUD: Rebel Double Creme (Mango) tenor

Hi all. Just thought I would share my thoughts on my new Rebel mango tenor. Haven't seen very many reviews on this uke. I picked it up from TUS and it looks great. Rebel has been releasing some awesome curly mango recently and this one has some really nice curls. Got a full setup and plays...
  6. Arik

UAS is irrational

Not sure if anyone has had irrational thoughts due to UAS. I have an extra case and my mind is thinking maybe I should get another uke to put in the case...
  7. Arik

MIDI out problem

Hi all. Along with the Uke I play piano. I have a 2005 Yamaha P70 electric piano and want to connect it to my Focusrite Soloist interface. The piano has a MIDI out feature on the back and I got a MIDI to music cable adapter but all I get is a loud feedback buzz. Not sure if anyone has any...
  8. Arik

NUD: KoAloha KTM-00MG

Hi all. Just sharing my newest impulse to feed my UAS. I picked up a used KoAloha KTM-00MG mango tenor. Been bit by the Mango bug recently and was looking at the KoAloha Mango, Rebel Double Creme, or the Romero Creations Signature Mango. I really liked the mango sound samples from HMS, ULTP...
  9. Arik

NUD: L.Luthier Le Koa tenor ukulele

Hi all. Just wanted to share some love of a lesser-known brand L.Luthier (Malaysia). I pick up L.Luither Le Koa tenor ukulele from reverb a couple of weeks ago. The brand was pretty unknown to me but I have been eyeballing it for a while due to its really great price for a Koa ukulele with a ton...
  10. Arik

NUD: Kimo Custom Super Tenor Mood Spruce/Koa

NUD: Kimo Custom Super Tenor Moon Spruce/Koa Hi all. Just wanted to share a new creation that I just got from Hank Johnson of Kimo Ukuleles. The is my second custom super tenor from Hank and this one came out gorgeous. We went with a Moon Spruce Bear Claw top and 4A Koa for the back and sides...
  11. Arik

FS: Kanile'a KSE-T Slot Head

Selling my Kanile’a KSE-T. This ukulele has some nice curly koa. What is unique about this ukulele is that it has a slotted headstock (thick). Had an LR baggs Five.O pick-up installed and comes with an Oahu hard case. Recently strung up with Worth CT with high G tuning. This uke has the Tru...
  12. Arik

FS: Koaloha KTM-25 #135

Hi all. Selling my Koaloha KTM-25. Sold a few ukes on here and the uke is in mint condition. Purchased the uke from the Uke Republic back in July 2020 so it's just a couple of months old. Had an L.R Baggs Five.O installed by Gryphon Strings ($275) and purchased a Kala ABS case ($110) for the...
  13. Arik

NUD: Kimo Custom Super Tenor Redwood/Rosewood

Hi all. Super excited about this new uke. Just wanted to give a shout out to Hank Johnson at Kimo Ukulele's (kimoukulele.com). This guy is awesome, super patient, and a master luthier. This is my first custom uke and wanted a redwood top ukulele. Doing a custom is harder then it looks. Orig...
  14. Arik

NUD: Koaloha KTM-25 Silver Series

Hi all. Just wanted to share my latest addition, A Koaloha KTM-25#135 Silver tenor. I actually got it last Friday but I have a new 5 mth old baby, so my human child takes precedence over my ukulele children. I have been wanting a Koaloha for years now but never manage to pull the trigger on...
  15. Arik

FS: Pono Baritone Ukulele Spruce/Acacia Slot head

Selling my Pono Baritone (ABSH-SP) Spruce/Acacia Slot head ukulele. This ukulele is in great condition and well taken care of. This uke was picked up from HMS. There is just some slight discoloration on the nut bone and bridge bone. Not sure why this is. The ukulele comes restrung with...
  16. Arik

Playing Low G

Hey all, I recently restrung my uke with a Freemont Soloist low G. I love the sound and it really gives the uke some depth with the lower notes. Its my 1st time stringing low G and the songs that I jam to don't sound quite right. Anyone have any tips for a newby to the low G?
  17. Arik

I'm a senior member!

Alright after 7 years I now officially a senior member!!:rock: Does that mean uke retirement is on the horizon? :confused:
  18. Arik

KALA KA-ZTP-CTG CEDAR ZIRICOTE TENOR (HMS exclusive)

Just received my Kala ZTP-CTG (exclusive) ukulele. I was initially looking to get the Kala KA-ATP-CTG as a uke to keep at work. I was looking for one and saw this ukulele site exclusive. Features (10 of 10) I have to say it is beautiful and the gloss finish is gorgeous! The uke is much lighter...
  19. Arik

Anyone have a Lanikai S-TEQ? Have a question about its volume

Hi ya'll, Just reaching out to anyone that has a Lanikai S-TEQ (Solid Spruce Top, laminate mahogany back/sides) because I wanted a second opinion on the ukes "loudness" and ability to project. I bought my daugther a used Lanikai S-TEQ a couple years ago off craigslist for a pretty great deal...
  20. Arik

Solid top ukulele opening up?

Hey all, This might be a dumb question but do solid top and laminate back/sides ukuleles open up after time? I have a couple solid ukes (Kamaka and Pono) and there opened up (breaking in) beautifully after some time. Reason I'm asking is that I recently got a Kala KA-ZTP-CTG (HMS Ziricote...
Top Bottom