Search results

1. Arik

New Uke Day (NUD) KoAloha Red Label 2022 AAA Cedar and Koa Concert

Love your story telling. Congrats on the new uke!
  2. Arik

Yipes Moonbird phenomenon!

After posting I thought to myself have I heard Clair de Lune on the uke? I used to be able to play it on the piano. Went on youtube and found some nice arrangements but this one was awesome.
  3. Arik

Yipes Moonbird phenomenon!

I thought I was hearing something coming from my uke cases! I just thought someone was watching Oceans 11...
  4. Arik

Greetings from SoCal

Welcome to the group. Let us know if you have any questions! happy strumming🤙
  5. Arik

Anyone played a new Oli uke?

This is cool. The Oli sounds like it has a little more bass and some cool overtones compared to the Pono Mango MS. Both sound great but I like the Oli better. That Uli looks super cool. I had one of them in the checkout last week, but I really want to curb my UAS. I've been doing really good for...
  6. Arik

UAS cured....

the cure for UAS is purchasing more ukes?
  7. Arik

K or K or K?

I have owned all 3 (even a Ko'olau) but as others have said, it really depends on what you are looking for. They all are great brands and ukes. My personal favorite is also Koaloha for playability and sound.
  8. Arik

Anuenue Comparisons - Moon Birds and Koa Birds

I have the cedar bird (UT214) and the koa bird (UT3K). Both are strung with uke logic high tension with low g. I would say the cedar bird is a lot warmer with more low-end. The koa bird is more pronounced in the mids and has more clarity on the high end. Both are loud and have wonderful tones...
  9. Arik

Sold aNueNue UT3K Tenor Koa Bird w/ pickup

Beautiful uke. The UT3K is my favorite uke. Very powerful and rich (agree with @Kenn2018). Good luck with the sale!
  10. Arik

Hello from Shenandoah County, VA

Welcome to the group Judy!
  11. Arik

Post goals / frameworks to follow for 2024. Happy New Year to my favorite community ❤️❤️❤️🤙🤙🤙

Awesome idea @kerneltime Here is my list: 1) work on vocals, maybe get some singing lessons 2) play more uke and hone my playing skills 3) no more UAS, maybe off load some ukes.
  12. Arik

For Sale Scammer alert

Glad this community is a community and sprung into action!
  13. Arik

Gotoh UPT question...

Sounds like you have too much excess (too much slack) string when you looped it on the post. If you didn't cut your strings yet I would just undo the knot pull some of the string through and just do the knot further down on your strings. You might not even need to do the knot at the headstock...
  14. Arik

Please, somebody buy this

Nice! Love the look and sound of this uke! Looks like it went up 100 bucks. But that's life
  15. Arik

Top woods

@ukeclass My favorite top is Redwood then Cedar. I also love Koa but it depends on the builder. For me its about having a diversity of sounds. But I hear you being worried about softtops. I have a couple of dings on one of my softtop ukes (spruce) and I don't know how they got there. I have also...
  16. Arik

Low G....favorite strings 1 & 2 with Soloist or CF30 & CF27

I prefer the soloist/uke logic and the CF27. The Soloist/Uke logic has a little more boominess to it than the CF30, which I like.
  17. Arik

Hello from the uk

Hi @Yodelele! Welcome from beyond the pond (California). The ukulele is a perfect stress reliever. I'm sure your patients would love it too!
  18. Arik

Sold L.Luthier Le Rose

Nice L. Luthier! I have the Le Koa (really acacia) version and it's a great ukulele. I think the L.Luthier is great value for the cost. GLWS
  19. Arik

Typical Turnaround Time at TUS for Setups?

Ive made a few purchases from them. They are great but it takes 10-14 business days due to set up. My most recent purchase was the Anuenue UT3K over the summer. Waiting is the hard part but worth it.
  20. Arik

Hello from DC!

Welcome to the group Ratchet! My first instrument was also the piano. The uke is much easier to lug around the house or anywhere outside of the house!
Top Bottom