Search results

1. Brian PacNW

Post one song that you think others should listen to, ukulele or not!

Here's something! Post one song that you think is interesting, weird, thought-provoking, or just otherwise worth listening to. (YouTube links work well so people can just hit play — just paste in the URL and it will auto-embed.) I want to suggest just posting one song, but who am I to police...
  2. Brian PacNW

Image association thread

What do you think of when you see the most recent post’s image? Post an image to reflect your thought. The next person will do the same. Yep, time for IMAGE association!
  3. Brian PacNW

Done! Reactions not available on all themes (was: How do I react with something other than thumbs up?)

How do I react to a post with something other than a thumbs up? I seem to remember discovering how before, but now I can't seem to find the magic button.
  4. Brian PacNW

If only YOU could hear your music. AKA, intrinsic or extrinsic motivation?

Another thread somewhere on these forums had me realizing that different folks give different values to playing songs, whether they are your own songs or covers you are doing. At one end of the spectrum, there are likely performing artists who view playing alone as a means to an end, to get...
  5. Brian PacNW

Done! Have special "OP" icon when the OP posts to their own thread

I would find it convenient of the original poster of a thread had a little icon or text next to their subsequent posts in the same thread. This could help give context to a post, reminding the readers that it's coming from the OP.
  6. Brian PacNW

First original ukulele song

Here is my first original ukulele song. I recently started taking lessons which has built up my knowledge & skills enough to where I'm not just strumming the same random open chords over and over. I call the song Coalesce for that reason – it brings together for the first time different things...
  7. Brian PacNW

When you know it’s time to take a break

Anyone need to take a break from ukulele for some reason, either short or long term? Here’s my reason. Been playing waaay more than usual and the weather has been dry. The bandage is covering a gouge in my fingertip from the A string.
  8. Brian PacNW

Resisting the new uke temptation

I needed a koa tenor. Really needed one. Even called my credit card company to make sure they new about a potentially large purchase. I was committed. Earlier today I took a 40-minute drive to the nearest shop that a dedicated uke section. They had Kamaka HF-3 and Martin T1K which were just...
  9. Brian PacNW

Compared four string sets on my uke. Similar sound, but different feel & intonation.

Only recently did I branch out and start exploring strings beyond those that come pre-installed. Over the course of 2 days I tried four different high G strings on one of my tenor ukes. I'm just sharing my thoughts and resuts here. Three sets were fluorocarbon and one was nylon. Martin Clear...
  10. Brian PacNW

Name that movie QUOTE thread

The game Someone writes a memorable or not-so-memorable quote from a movie. Others try to guess the movie from memory. Whoever guesses correctly gets to write the next quote. The person who offers the quote can write multiple quotes for that movie if it seems too hard for people. If no one has...
  11. Brian PacNW

What did you do today? Anything hobby-related.

The idea Share what you did today in terms of new songs/progress/understanding/activities/crazy chords/etc. as they relate to our shared hobby. These are items that someone might want to share but doesn't want to create a whole new thread for. (I did find this thread about uke-specific...
  12. Brian PacNW

Hello from the Seattle area.

Hi all! Brian here from Snohomish County, Washington. Good to meet you all. I've played guitar very casually as a teenager and have a basic understanding of theory, but I never really cared to progress with guitar other than playing metal-ish songs in drop C. Not sure why I bought my first...
Top Bottom