Search results

1. D

Low or High G for learning?

My next step is to continue to to do what I've been doing. Practicing with my high G concert and my low G tenor. I profusely apologise if my response to your post seemed off. I've re read it and undoubtedly could have worded it better. I'm very new to the ukulele and very, perhaps overly...
  2. D

The E- Chord - Is there an alternative?

I'm a month in to my Uke-venture and the proud owner of four lovely callouses on my fret fingers. I share your pride! Regarding the dread "E". I got got some great advice from a wonderful lady in a Ukulele themed Facebook group: Tuck your fret arm tight into your ribs and tilt the fretboard...
  3. D

"This is a rhetorical post, there is not much use in typing out and answer to me" Well, that's a cowardly cop out if ever I read one. I'm going to weigh in anyway. Your post isn't at all encouraging, informative or constructive. Some of us are just beginning our ukelele journey and being told...
  4. D

Very new to the Ukulele.

I'd love to get involved in a Zoom strumalong and one day, hopefully soon, I will. For now though I'm just going to plug away, doing what I'm doing to boost both my ability and confidence. I always play with a smile on my face and try to accomplish something every day, however small. Thank you...
  5. D

Very new to the Ukulele.

Thank you for your welcome message. I'm as commited as I can be to practicing, I'm spending a lot of time working on the majors A,B,C,D, F and G and moving to the dreaded E, and back. I'm getting there, slowly but surely. Thanks for the heads up on Bernadette on YouTube. I'll get stuck into her...
  6. D

Very new to the Ukulele.

Thank you for your kind welcome. I'm overwhelmed by the amount of support, encouragement and good vibes I've received from members of this forum. I have a question though: Is it possible to play a ukulele without smiling? 🤔 If it is I can't imagine how.
  7. D

How did you end up here?

Thank you. I've never known a more welcoming group of people than those that love the ukulele.
  8. D

Very new to the Ukulele.

Thanks for your comment. I've been overwhelmed by the welcome messages I've received. I'm giddy with my ukeleles and, much to the annoyance of my wife, spend every free moment I have just practicing transitioning between the chords I learn daily. I've amazed myself at the progress I've made so...
  9. D

Very new to the Ukulele.

Thanks for the welcome. Turn your imaginamp up to 11!
  10. D

Hi Jim. I'm new to the uke myself. My concert sized uke sounds wonderful with a high G and I'll never change it. That said, I do intend buying another concert and restringing it low. My cheap tenor sounded awful with the high G it came with, so I restrung it with a new set of Aquilas, in low G...
  11. D

How did you end up here?

I was looking for advice/thoughts on fitting a Tenor neck to a Soprano body and Google led me to the forums.
  12. D

Very new to the Ukulele.

Hello everyone. The only instrument I'd ever played in my 55 years was the Air Guitar. (Which I mastered, by the way.) I decided to change this and bought my first Uke a month ago, a Fender Fullerton Concert Stratocaster. I went for this partly because Fender has a reputation for producing...
Top Bottom