Search results

1. M

Sold Pono UL4-2 Baritone—Sold locally

Very good/excellent condition. I bought this in September of 2022 thinking I would retune it to CGDA and have a small tenor guitar. The Pono sounds wonderful as both a baritone ukulele and small tenor guitar but I have decided I don't need another instrument to add to my collection of three...
  2. M

Narrow neck baritone?

I have a Pono UL4-2. I'd like to have a baritone with a narrower neck. The Pono neck is 1 7/16" at the nut. I'm looking for 1 3/16". Any suggestions? I think I'd be willing to trade for a baritone with the same build quality as this Pono. Thanks.
  3. M

Hardshell case

I'm looking for a hardshell case for a Kala-GTR. Total length 32" Lower bout 12" Upper bout 9" Body depth 3 3/8" Thanks for any suggestions.
  4. M

Steel strings on a tenor as a cavaquinho substitute?

Can an Ohana TK-80 be strung with steel strings? Any reason not to? What problems would I have if putting on steel strings? My idea is to re-tune to DGBD, cavaquinho tuning, for Brazilian tunes. Thanks for any help and advice.
  5. M

Baritone in fifths tuning?

Has anyone restrung their baritone from the standard baritone tuning to CGDA tenor guitar/banjo tuning? Any thoughts? I'm coming to baritone from tenor guitar and bought the baritone because it (Pono UL4-2) sounded great in DGBE tuning and thought it might make the transition nicely to a short...
  6. M

Sold OHANA TK-80 TENOR--Sold via Cragislist

$350 includes shipping within CONUS This Ohana tenor is a beautiful instrument, both to look at and play. I bought it in September of last year from a UU member. I am selling only because I've decided to stick with tenor guitar and not complicate my life by trying to learn new chord shapes...
  7. M

how do I attach photos to a thread?

Photos were taken with an iphone 13. When I try to attach them to a thread I want to create they won’t attach. Do I somehow need to reduce their size? Thanks for any help.
  8. M

banjo uke

I have seen a few banjo ukes which appear to be soprano sized. Are there any available in a tenor size? Thanks for any replies.
  9. M

Closed chords charts? Gypsy jazz and Western Swing?

Just received a tenor ukulele and have a few questions: I want to learn closed chords, i.e. no open strings. Any links to learning tutorials or chart sites? Are there any moveable chord shapes for standard ukulele tuning? Any links to either gypsy jazz or Texas/Western Swing ukulele rhythm...
  10. M

Baritone buying recommendations

I'm new to ukulele buying and would apreciate any advice and recommendations on baritone brands to search for and those to avoid and then those to covet. Price range maybe $500-600 which, I suppose, puts it somewhere in the mid-level quality range. I'm in CT and would like to be able to try one...
  11. M

Old man/new member

Hello all, Coming to ukulele as a logical next-in-line instrument since I am a casual tenor guitar and tenor banjo player CGDA tuning. Looking forward to learning something new but not too far afield from what I know already.
Top Bottom